Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how much does it cost to do van mount set up MINIMUM ??

all equipment before a van >>>> all new equipment be about 1500 -2000 depending on what brush you choose thats 1 man system and its cold water also with a 4040

van mount set-up around £700, if you can get water tank second hand, poles etc, look on ebay and put the mileage you will travel upto + your postcode and all local stuff will come up

right i have a 2011 peugeot expert i also have a Brodex porta power trolley ( Link below)

http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/products/Portable-Trolley-Solutions/portapower-trolley-system

i am looking to get a tank fitted in the van and im aware i need a few buts to enable me to work two poles from the system .. im under the impression i just need

Tank

Pump control

pump

splitter ( for poles)

but i keep thinking iv sussed it but then theres always something else to think about .. so im just seeking advice.

As smurf has said before i would like to keep the trolley assembled as i would like the option of using it as a trolley or hooking it to the tank and working from the van.

wratcet straps from £8 each 5 ton., search local retailers, just put 5 ton wratchet straps in google with your town, usually hydraulics and bulk lifting companys sell them over counter. a lot cheaper than ebay i found.

i bought 4 but only use 2

around £700, unless you can get second hand water tank local off ebay, same with reel.

poles off ebay, theres a few on latelly.

id buy pump+controller new, around £160.

i have dispatch new shape, i just have 2 five ton wratchet straps, no issues, 350 tank , safe enough,

110 battery + charger

lol didnt know u had the filter side sussed /emoticons/tongue.png my 2 g is away pmsl

all you need is tank and frame and a pump and controller some hose connections and reel and brush

Between £500 and £700. The pole is important, I wasted money on a cheap fibreglass pole but now have carbon fibre

with a controller you can shut the water off via tap on pole, this will then stop your waterflow while away from the van, no pressure on your pump as your controller is doing the work, then just turn tap back on your pole for more water. no need to keep going back to van to turn pump off.

you would only spend the money on something else.

by it can be done with just a switch for the mean time?? only got 270 left and need to by pump, taps , pole hose for second pole, splitter to use two poles and anything else there might be .. just trying to work out what i actually need but theres so many different opinions its just confusing haha, thanks for help (Y)

Well i have a van mount now, it started as a trolley build hence the cheaper parts, but then i tried trolley in van with reel and next week im just taking parts of trolley and mounting them permanently and making a seperate trolley system.

heres my list

250l tank - £60 2nd hand

4lpm 100 psi cheap chinese pump (been going 6 month lol) £15 ebay

9a/h battery £12

12a/h battery £15

100m 6mm microbore £39 ebay (60m mounted on reel atm)

hoselock plastic reel £33 b&q

fittings/bits of hose pipe/misc £20

controller/ 12v modulator switch for flow £4 ebay (yet to wire this up

so what under £200 for mine

I need a bigger tank soon and im getting a bigger battery next but those two small ones last me all day for now

also the £15 pumps surprised me, i bought one for trolley and then got a spare but its been going 6 month and provides enough flow with 60m of microbore on so see no need to get a shurflo for now

sorry for off topic Adam how long does your battery's last with that pump and whats the flow rate like through 60m of micro hose and did you try 100m? Have you any links to battery and pump?

Im thinking of spares just in case.

Well in theory they should run for 7hours continuous. Bare in mind the most houses ive done in a day was 12 and only needed to change battery for the last 3. I usually do about 6 houses at a time and all I do is take the one thats been used out every night and charge it overnight.

The pumps flow is plenty for me not tried 100m I put less on to stess the pump and I dont have any need for 100.

buy some trad gear instead then as is cheaper /emoticons/biggrin.png

by it can be done with just a switch for the mean time?? only got 270 left and need to by pump, taps , pole hose for second pole, splitter to use two poles and anything else there might be .. just trying to work out what i actually need but theres so many different opinions its just confusing haha, thanks for help (Y)

Latest Posts

Back