Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bernard

Could someone advise me where to look for window cleaning ladders please? How long would they need to be? Are any safety attachments recommended for them?

I'm also looking into cleaning gutters, this would take a longer ladder. I'd imagine having one set of ladders long enough to do both would mean they'd be heavier than they need to be for a regular window cleaning round?

Is it possible to buy ladders where you could attach an extension on for the occasions you need them slightly longer? Last thing, what length would they need to be for gutters on a regular two storey house?

Cheers!

heyup bernard . iv been using the Lyte Elt230 [10 rung] trade ladder as main window cleaning ladder several years now. i can recommend it. its light enuf to carry all day but also strong enuf that it feels totally safe. it wont reach gutters tho.

I got mine from bps access solutions they are online and a store in Surrey I think they are based. I have a 3 section trade ladder with the included footing bar. I only use mine for gutters etc though as I'm wfp so it may be a bit heavy for every day Windows. But I like the ladder as its got wide rungs and nice and solid with the footing bar I feel pretty sturdy which is what I want for being up at guttering level.

I was asked by a guy I was quoting recently if i could do the 1st and 2nd floors or his town house trad. Me said no only wfp. Him why don't you need the business. Me not more than I want to get safely home to my wife and little girl. Him fair play mate just do it wfp.

Lyte's elt range are good

I used to use 12 rung triples but leave 1 section off if just doing houses

A bit heavy but i could do gutters and dormer windows on a townhouse with those easily

Their 12 rung doubles should easily reach on a 2 storey house

Got a pair of eBay £90 had them for 6 months very good I'm 15 stone had no trouble with them
do they only extend with a 4 rung overlap? its a lot of wasted length if thats the case

I've had 12 rung triples with just the 1 rung overlap

8.5m is a fair height to fall

I've same main ones as bore, from browns ladders I got mine (10kg and 15 foot I think) And then got the 330 (18kg) I think they were, for 3 level up work.

Light and solid.

My lyte triples were just under 26 kilos

I used them for a few months as my normal daily ladders

Ouch

Latest Posts

Back