Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Travelling

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sharpy

Alright so we'd all love to earn £30 per hour 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Yadda Yadda.

But the fact is, even if we have the jobs to achieve this it's very rare because we have to travel!

I reckon I lose at least 1 - 1.5 hours of earning per day because of driving about. I'm a new starter though, hopefully as I get more compact this will reduce!

So how long on average per day do you spend travelling?

The most i travel is about 30 minutes away and when i am there i am not moving around to much so i guess 1 hour tops on a bad week but when i get closer home about 30 minutes

longest i have traveled for a job is an hour there and and hour back, but thats just a one off.

best that i have done is on my tri-monthly contract clean, took me 7 hours to do, and that worked out to be just over £53 an hour!

longest i have traveled for a job is an hour there and and hour back, but thats just a one off.

best that i have done is on my tri-monthly contract clean, took me 7 hours to do, and that worked out to be just over £53 an hour!
tri-monthly? Does that just mean each quarter? lol

Mine are all over place but gradually pulling em in, getting a few wherever I'm already working & got couple of days a month compact now so will come together eventually and I'll just drop the ones I don't want then.

Mine are all over place but gradually pulling em in, getting a few wherever I'm already working & got couple of days a month compact now so will come together eventually and I'll just drop the ones I don't want then.
Im the same. Facebook caused it! Its not all bad though.

Strangely though Marc, it's also facebook thats pulling it together. Whether it's word of mouth and they tell em to find me on there I don't know (should ask) but seem to be getting em in similar areas.

My best week so far from ads only put on this sunday as I only do it once a week, I'm at 11 this week with 3 more very hopefulls and all those 11 are in 3 areas I've already got a few so bit of a result really.

Strangely though Marc, it's also facebook thats pulling it together. Whether it's word of mouth and they tell em to find me on there I don't know (should ask) but seem to be getting em in similar areas.

My best week so far from ads only put on this sunday as I only do it once a week, I'm at 11 this week with 3 more very hopefulls and all those 11 are in 3 areas I've already got a few so bit of a result really.
Im not saying its bad, any custom is good custom in my books its even better from FB as its free. FB customers has really slowed down for me. I need something new to try pull some more customers from it. Im hoping after I pass the risk assessment course and brag about that I may get some more customers lol.

Im not saying its bad, any custom is good custom in my books its even better from FB as its free. FB customers has really slowed down for me. I need something new to try pull some more customers from it. Im hoping after I pass the risk assessment course and brag about that I may get some more customers lol.
I'll be buggered then when Mine slows down, I don't think my intense course on fostering will cut it with potential custies lol.

I'll be buggered then when Mine slows down, I don't think my intense course on fostering will cut it with potential custies lol.
Your going to foster and run your window business, you have your work cut out for you. lol

Don't talk to me about travelling time! I walk my round (i know laugh it up! lol) so it has to be compact to a certain degree but i must waste so much time walking to and from jobs.

On the upside it keeps me slim!

Don't talk to me about travelling time! I walk my round (i know laugh it up! lol) so it has to be compact to a certain degree but i must waste so much time walking to and from jobs.

On the upside it keeps me slim!
Got to start some where, Do you plan on getting a van?

Your going to foster and run your window business, you have your work cut out for you. lol
Gotta do something with my evenings when I quit the other job lol. Nah serious business always something thats interested me mate, kids out there need help and we have room so there it is.

Thats the best every quote /emoticons/biggrin.png :D

Back