Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You win some, you lose some

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hanco13

So I decided to go out and earn a few quid yesterday (Saturday). A couple of my custys on the particular run I planned on doing, need a txt before hand so they know to unlock gates etc........ This one, pain in the ****, cow-bag, messages me back saying that it's fine to call round but she's only got a tenner (the job is £8, nice little number), so she would need change......, Firstly, of bloody course you'll get your change love, I can count!...... So I message her back to gently remind her that she owes me from last time (hers are 2 monthly, she likes to be different). She messages me back saying, and I quote, "I left the money under the bin last time and the money remained untaken, also it didn't look as if they'd been done, I'm sure you didn't do them"........ What a joker! I remember doing them last time and looking under the bin and there was no money. I therefore left a slip to tell her I'd been, she disputes this. Needless to say lads, I told her to keep the £8 she owes me and put it towards buying a squeegee so she can do her own bloody windows in the future.

About standard response, if more Windies adapted that attitude customers would soon learn not to **** about.
I'm trying to run a business here Green, I ain't having some bint claiming that I'm trying to skank her out of £8, I'd rather not bother!

So I decided to go out and earn a few quid yesterday (Saturday). A couple of my custys on the particular run I planned on doing, need a txt before hand so they know to unlock gates etc........ This one, pain in the ****, cow-bag, messages me back saying that it's fine to call round but she's only got a tenner (the job is £8, nice little number), so she would need change......, Firstly, of bloody course you'll get your change love, I can count!...... So I message her back to gently remind her that she owes me from last time (hers are 2 monthly, she likes to be different). She messages me back saying, and I quote, "I left the money under the bin last time and the money remained untaken, also it didn't look as if they'd been done, I'm sure you didn't do them"........ What a joker! I remember doing them last time and looking under the bin and there was no money. I therefore left a slip to tell her I'd been, she disputes this. Needless to say lads, I told her to keep the £8 she owes me and put it towards buying a squeegee so she can do her own bloody windows in the future.
Good on ya mate, I like the comeback about the squeegee too. lol

There should genuinely be a window cleaning blacklist for these muppets.

Good on ya mate, I like the comeback about the squeegee too. lol
There should genuinely be a window cleaning blacklist for these muppets.
Thanks Tolish. Ha ha, was quite proud of myself with that comeback. I'm still trying to work out if she thinks I was trying to skank her out of £8, or if she was trying to skank me out of £8. Either way, she's looking for a new windie. Shall I give her your details Tolish?

Thanks Tolish. Ha ha, was quite proud of myself with that comeback. I'm still trying to work out if she thinks I was trying to skank her out of £8, or if she was trying to skank me out of £8. Either way, she's looking for a new windie. Shall I give her your details Tolish?
Sure mate, I'll tell her "C U Next Tuesday"./emoticons/wink.png

Thanks Tolish. Ha ha, was quite proud of myself with that comeback. I'm still trying to work out if she thinks I was trying to skank her out of £8, or if she was trying to skank me out of £8.
Go with your gut instinct and you'll probably be right.:thumbsup:

I know I'm in the right.

I know I'm right because whilst I was there her next door neighbour came out and asked me for a business card. She was just being awkward for awkwards sake mate.

That's exactly why I have big red tickets.

Can't miss 'em.

I can tell a moaner a mile off. I put in a stupid price and if they pay it I'll clean it.

Not worth the hassle otherwise.

Good on you mate. I am new to the game and I am finding out about all the crapy customers now. What a pain they can be. You do get a feel when you meet or speak to someone if they are going to be the ONE whom messes you about. I have taken the advice that someone gave me from here when I started to get rid of them stright away and dont worry about my customer list going backwards, just get in the habbit of deleting them asap and move on. I have done this, this weekend and have deleted 5 off my round, well I will not be in contact with them and have their details on a page called "messers", instead of me chasing them so they want to be on the round etc all the time, if thy come to me for a clean, I will book it in and thats that and ask them just to contact me when they need it.

I hate the ones, where you factor them in your round for the day and you arrive after you texted them the day before as a reminder and they are not home or in but then have no money, just dont get some people as they know you run a business and put lots planning in and it cocks your day up a bit. So yeah I just get rid, its a pain as my list has gone backwards, but I feel better as not got to chase them re book them in etc etc, so have a round with 99% of the people now all solid. Any tips on how you handle crappy customers welcome...

Drop them.

Apologise and tell them it won't happen again.

It never does because I never go back.

Good on you mate. I am new to the game and I am finding out about all the crapy customers now. What a pain they can be. You do get a feel when you meet or speak to someone if they are going to be the ONE whom messes you about. I have taken the advice that someone gave me from here when I started to get rid of them stright away and dont worry about my customer list going backwards, just get in the habbit of deleting them asap and move on. I have done this, this weekend and have deleted 5 off my round, well I will not be in contact with them and have their details on a page called "messers", instead of me chasing them so they want to be on the round etc all the time, if thy come to me for a clean, I will book it in and thats that and ask them just to contact me when they need it.
I hate the ones, where you factor them in your round for the day and you arrive after you texted them the day before as a reminder and they are not home or in but then have no money, just dont get some people as they know you run a business and put lots planning in and it cocks your day up a bit. So yeah I just get rid, its a pain as my list has gone backwards, but I feel better as not got to chase them re book them in etc etc, so have a round with 99% of the people now all solid. Any tips on how you handle crappy customers welcome...
Mate, don't worry about your list going backwards. On Saturday, which was the day she ****** me off, I ended up doing a different run. Whilst I was at my first job (really nice people, I do both sisters houses and their mum's as well and have done for over 4 years), one of their neighbours came across the road and asked me for a price for doing herr gaff. She wasn't happy with the guy she had because he never bothered to wash the frames upstairs and was only there 10 minutes. I went and did them for her and really went to town on them. Not long after I started, her next door neighbour came out and asked me to do his as well, which I did....... Basically I lost a a pain in the **** custy, but gained two more in the same day....... Moral of the story mate is don't get disheartened. All this **** about 'The customer is always right', is bullshit! Nobody is right all the time, apart from my missus of course..... Seriously though, if you know you do a good job, and your regulars know you do a good job, and you never rip anybody off, then why take any **** at all?

Drop them.
Apologise and tell them it won't happen again.

It never does because I never go back.
She messaged me today funnily enough mate. She was as polite as you like and said that if I let her know when I'm calling again, she'll leave two lots of money out for me........ I felt vindicated! I haven't messaged her back and dnot intend to.

I have no time for messers so you are best shot of her.
She messaged me earlier Smurf man, and said that if I let her know when and if I want to call again, she'll leave two lots of money out..... Basically an admission of guilt. Needless to say, I won't be going back and she can keep the £8.

Exactly.

The reason I've started my own round is so I don't have a gaffer on my back cracking a whip. I can take my time and not have to pay 60% to some bloke sat at home doing nothing apart from moan.

You'll gain more than you lose in the long run ( hopefully or your in the wrong job ) so don't let it faze you.

Exactly.
The reason I've started my own round is so I don't have a gaffer on my back cracking a whip. I can take my time and not have to pay 60% to some bloke sat at home doing nothing apart from moan.

You'll gain more than you lose in the long run ( hopefully or your in the wrong job ) so don't let it faze you.
Credit to you SWCS. It takes guts start a business, guts and time. I'm 6 years down the line and I'm still building it up.... You can't beat being your own boss. At least you're Lining your own pocket and not some buggar else's. Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers Hanco.

3 months in and doing ok. Building up a house at a time.

I've been doing the job for 13 years and when my gaffer sold his round I realised I couldn't work for anyone else. They want speed over quality. I'm not slow but I can't leave a window till it's perfect.

So now I'm back at the bottom of the ladder so to speak and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Back