Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Henry

hello!

I'm new to window cleaning and have a question about spotting. My water currently is at 008/9 and cleaned my windows well. I did notice a little bit of spotting at the top and bottom on some windows in the corner. Was this down to me not rinsing enough?

Personally mate I would consider 08 / 09 to be too high. I don't let it get above 05 however some 'experts' say you can get away with 010 prior to spotting.

You are right to think of the rinse, the rinse plays a huge part but don't fall into the trap of burning through your water to rinse one house.

The key question is are these first cleans or are you on repeat / service cleans?

Reason I ask is you will find that a lot of WFP users get spotting to a degree on a first clean, just due to the ammount of **** on frames etc.

I know a WFP chap in Notts that does half price first clean as almost always he ends up with spots.

You wouldnt find me cleaning a window for half price though. /emoticons/tongue.png

Personally mate I would consider 08 / 09 to be too high. I don't let it get above 05 however some 'experts' say you can get away with 010 prior to spotting.
You are right to think of the rinse, the rinse plays a huge part but don't fall into the trap of burning through your water to rinse one house.

The key question is are these first cleans or are you on repeat / service cleans?

Reason I ask is you will find that a lot of WFP users get spotting to a degree on a first clean, just due to the ammount of **** on frames etc.

I know a WFP chap in Notts that does half price first clean as almost always he ends up with spots.

You wouldnt find me cleaning a window for half price though. /emoticons/tongue.png
My windows hadn't been done in months so quiet pleased with how they turned out to be fair!

They are new customers so will be first cleans then repeat service (I hope!) so may be they haven't had there windows done in a while. Rinsing of the frames just as inportant as the windows? Is it best to do the frames then moves on to another window then start back at the windows after all frames are done?

When using a pole (and remember I most do traditional) I allow time to do the entire job twice.

I do all the frames and glass thoroughly, have a cup of tea then do them all again, I have found that gives me the best results.

I would (in your shoes) at least explain to the customer as they have not been done in an age that they will get spotting the first time but after round two they should be fine.

First cleans can be a bugger, green is right do all frames, then go back over glass. After 2-3 cleans you can get quicker but it takes a while to stop being paranoid, its surprising how little you need to do on a maintenance clean

Trad is quicker and does a better job but don't tell anyone I've said that /emoticons/biggrin.png

009 can cause issues in my book i let my water go to 004/005 now tops i use ubik2000 sprayed on the brush scrub an rinse the fraims an glass on first cleans ill soap up 3 or 4 windows then go blk to the first an start scrubing an rinsing

Just wondering how anyone can say they clean with that special self drying water if it's not pure = 000 ppm.:rolleyes:

Myself I only clean with pure water meaning 000pm not ish pure water as that what my customers expect it do be...that's what makes it special you know missus /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just wondering how anyone can say they clean with that special self drying water if it's not pure = 000 ppm.:rolleyes:
Myself I only clean with pure water meaning 000pm not ish pure water as that what my customers expect it do be...that's what makes it special you know missus /emoticons/biggrin.png
+1 /emoticons/wink.png

u for got to say u dont just clean with 000 alan u clean with 000 water and a hard hat:windowcleaner:

It's all part of my PPE & RAMS which depending what I'm doing includes

hard hat

hi-viz clothing

gloves (different types suited to the task in hand)

safety glasses

face sheild

safety boots

not forgetting me safety wellies

Then the usual hazard warning stuff like

warning cones

warning signs

warning tape

Not only do I turn up to a job all tooled up I think about my own safety and the safety of others too. /emoticons/tongue.png

Now is wfp quicker do you think? /emoticons/biggrin.png

...and the windows are left dry & shiny too :whistle:

[media]

[/media]

To get back on topic there are many reasons why you can get spotting but a good start is to use 000 ppm water.

Back