Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self cleaning glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

Iv got a Connie to do it has the blue self cleaning glass.im sure iv read in past posts that You can't use ubik on them is this correct.

A few months ago I had my first self clean connie roof and was asking the same question on here. I got a. Real mix of opinions so as I am a really cautious person when it comes to this sort of thing I have been using only warm water with either fairy liquid or some flash cleaner even though I'm sure ubik would be fine. As green said (and he has way more experience than me) don't let it dry though so in this weather you would need to be quick with the rinse. My method though is dip the brush in fairy or flash mixed with warm water, quick scrub, rinse with customers hose then finish with a bit of pure water. Job done in no time

ubik2000 or any soap should not be used as it takes the tafflon stuff off and the glass will not be so called self cleaning or (easy clean glass) as some compneys state just use hot wfp and a flocked or soft brush having said that the custmer wont no if its still self cleaning or not as self cleaning glass is a load of dung and dont work any way:rolleyes:

I did a self cleaning conny last week. Black blobs all over it. A flocked brush wouldn't budge them, a full boars hair got them off. I used pure only on it. One thing to look out for on self cleaning conny roofs is if there is lead flashing at the top of the glass. Rain water runs off the lead and stains the glass like buggery!

its funny how bird crxxxap falls off self cleaning glass but fly and bee crxxxap sticks like mad :rolleyes: alltho crank the heat up on ur wfp and it just melts off with ease:ninja:

ubik2000 or any soap should not be used as it takes the tafflon stuff off and the glass will not be so called self cleaning or (easy clean glass) as some compneys state just use hot wfp and a flocked or soft brush having said that the custmer wont no if its still self cleaning or not as self cleaning glass is a load of dung and dont work any way:rolleyes:
If the stuff comes off who's gonna know anyway if it don't work?

Back