Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with power washer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

Anyone know their stuff on petrol power washers?

Engine starts easy, idles and ticks over as it should, but as soon as I pull the trigger then engine just cuts out??

Just wanted to ask here before I left it into the shop or before I start jumping on it lol

you could try checking the fuel filter and air filter you just blow them out also check the spark plug if there is a build up of carbon on the plug file with a fine sand paper and rinse in a drop of petrol to clean also check the oil levels also belfast you should have the water running and you finger on the trigger of the lance when starting otherwise you will blow the seal on the pump this happened to me with a new washer luckily enough it was still under warranty i hope this is not the problem with yours as it should cost 70 to 100 quid to repair i hope this is some help to you

you could try checking the fuel filter and air filter you just blow them out also check the spark plug if there is a build up of carbon on the plug file with a fine sand paper and rinse in a drop of petrol to clean also check the oil levels also belfast you should have the water running and you finger on the trigger of the lance when starting otherwise you will blow the seal on the pump this happened to me with a new washer luckily enough it was still under warranty i hope this is not the problem with yours as it should cost 70 to 100 quid to repair i hope this is some help to you
Cheers, I will try starting with water running. I was shown to start then put water on, but always release the pressure in the trigger. Yes I hope it dosent cost me that either lol

Back