Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

debo

hi guys just about ready to order my first pole I have 2 in mind either the gardiner clx18 or water genie barracuda 18ft. But then I'm thinking should I get the 18ft or 22ft. Any help would be appreciated

I'd go 25 if budget allows and a slx. Very light very good pole.

Heard great things about wcw carbon poles though I think either alex gardiner or adam will help you out on here.

Sorry don't know how to add them into the convoy mate but you can search them, im sure they will be along shortly anyway.

Suppose I might aswell wait until my redundancy payout and get a full carbon then. Any opinions on which make would still be great thanks

Gardiners slx is your best bet

Extreme is better but easy to break especially if you're new to the job

I would go for slx 22 and extension

Not much more than a 25 but shorter closed length without the extension which is better for tight spaces on the ground floor

I would go for slx 22 and extensionNot much more than a 25 but shorter closed length without the extension which is better for tight spaces on the ground floor
Hello debo.

I've just started WFP after 20 plus yrs trad,I was advised that the most important piece of equipment was without doubt a quality pole.

I looked at quite a few and ended up getting it down to two, a Gardiners SLX or a Xline Carbon 3K 22ft , the clamps swung it for the Xline , they are adjustable and removable by alum key, the SLX clamps are glued on and it looks like they have to be sawed off.

The SLX was a cheaper package but I went for the Xline , a fantastic pole , light ,rigid ,and the 22ft folds down short enough to put in the back of my Belingo, the 22ft covers all the work I do, it has a 25ft working height , not cheap at £350 but I think it's well worth paying the extra (the taxman is paying for it anyway)

All the best

Glenn

Latest Posts

Back