Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to window cleaning

well clean

hi everyone I have been thinking of starting window cleaning now for some time. I really like the idea of working outdoors as for the last 5 years I have been in the office witch I can't stick much longer. I have bought all trad gear and going to see a wfp trolly tomorrow will let yous know how I get on. But my only problem is chapping doors I have a few areas eyed up but just don't have the heart to chap they doors. Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone in advanced

Hi & welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

@daveyboy1 should be able to give you a few pointers in trad work and gaining customers

knock on doors , start straight away, not next week not next month . you should get 1 job on your first day if you try hard enough . stay trad is my advice ,

Welcome fella. Never been a fan of door knocking myself, but its meant to be very effective, so if you want the work, go get it!

Welcome fella

Boar said it right

Just get out and knock

Once you have a few knocked you won't think about it

I actually find it funny nowadays when i get the occasional rude one and just laugh at them

Don't let the bastads grind you down

thanks guys went out and done my own windows today and got 2 jobs from that alone one is a upstairs house £5 every 2 weeks and the other is the as mine up and down stair witch i just said to hir £5 also kicking myself now as there in more windows lol but will get out and canvas tomoro i need to just do it . i am going to see this wfp trolley when the guy finishes work so will keep yous posted if i get it at the right price ?? thanks guys

Nice mate

I wouldn't bother with the trolley until you have a good few custys and would just trad for now then build yourself a trolley when you get to that point

Plenty of good instructions here how to make one for peanuts

Just my opinion

ok the deal was everything i need to start wfp inc ro system 150gpd priced at £500 its a used system he says he will even give me a tds meter ?? i am not 100 % sure what all that is i was thinking of offering him £400 depending on the condition i do understand that i should wait but i feel its a steal at that. because iv seen them go for 800 without ro??? i am really not sure now

If yer not sure what it all is how do you know it's a steal????

I would follow that advise & stick to trad until you got a few customers. Try find someone who does wfp & see if they will let you go out with them so you can get to understand it and that you like it.

Great job in summer. Not so nice in winter.

The guys not phoned me anyways the only reason i am saying that is because its a full set up iv seen what they get on auction sites. I will just start trad and hopefully get a good round thanks again guys /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
yep well nice well clean....

hi and welcome to the forum well clean....please note...I got the full wfp set up brand spanking new including ro and booster pump for £370 and an extra section on my pole....so not such a bargain you are getting as used is used and filters ro etc will need replacing..

You seem to be rushing which isnt a good idea ...slow down and gradually build up the work...

I can tell you now ...wfp is no easy ticket...neither is trad....a lot of aching muscles at times....but still ...I am my own boss nobody tells me what I can or cant do and if I want to sneak into the pub on the way home I will.....till I see the prices they charge around here that is.../emoticons/biggrin.png good luck well clean....and keep us informed...

I just made myself a flyer what you guys think ?? I will print a few a3 size for shops and a5 for canvasing ??
Nice. Maybe add a landline number too? Also get public liability insurance and add that to the leaflet.

If you want wfp buy a cheap backpack off eBay for £80ish & make yer own pole from a Harris pole for £30-40. Lot cheaper.

Go onto the DIY section & it a show you how to make a pole out of the Harris pole. £120-130 & you got yer own little set up. You can add a trolley for £10-15.

Yes m trolley system cost about 100 quid

Harris pole, brush head tubing and connectors 30 quid from b&q.

A pump and small battery about 30 off ebay. Trolley is an ols pair of sack wheels I had. An old tackle box to sit on bottom and house pump and batt. All you need then is a switch and some jubilee clips and a few 25l barrels.

Hi Well Clean,

Good luck starting the business - sounds like you're off to a promising start! The leaflet looks great, have you perhaps considered setting up a facebook page or twitter account and making those details available on the flier? E.g. 'Follow us at @WellClean'

Update. facebook done thanks for advice☺got a job to price already through it . Done a few hours of canvassing first few where bad i was stuttering and everything but when i got a "yes i am looking for a window cleaner" i got into the swing of it. Also got the job but she says my price was a bit high. Only £5 she says hir old windie was £2.50 ? I never knew where to look but she agreed to £5 so will do a good job and hopefully shes long term. Got 4 more houses aswell so not to bad. But i keep saying £5 because i feel they may say no if i go higher. I am pricing it 75p per window and 50p for smaller is that ok ?? I am in scotland btw i know in england thats cheap from what i am reading on here lol. Thanks in advanced guys

Congrats! Facebook in particular can be a good source for leads! Bound to be nervous at first, but well done for keeping at it!

Keep us updated on how things progress /emoticons/smile.png

if I was you I would stick to trad get gd at it , most off the WC all started trad

keep canvassing the graft will come, listen to the guys here and you will get there

Latest Posts

Back