Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st retail unit to clean advice needed please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

robadam

Hi all, I have been approached to clean the exterior of a large building at a retail park and having to put a quote together. We have done a few exterior buildings before but not on this scale. The work has to be done out of normal hours with no access to water the size of the area is 1350sqm of walls and cladding + some windows. I know what I am doing cleaning wise and the approach to take but stuck on the pricing side. We do normally charge by sqm or set piece for normal jobs but when I price this up usual way it's coming in at a big price as in they could replace the cladding for that but I don't want to go in to cheap as I could earn more doing my normal jobs. This is job I want as it could lead to doing more for this company and be on a contract any ideas please would be helpfull

We find exactly the same with pricing big jobs sometimes you can earn a much better rate softwashing a house than you can doing industrial buildings , I just put in a price that I want if we get the job that’s fine if we don’t I don’t worry about it I won’t do big buildings cheap especially with no water and out of normal working hours , if you are busy just put in the price you feel it should be .

think of your absolute rock bottom price that you would do it for,,,,,and then double it.That then is the right price .If they try and haggle just go up on the price and dont come back down to the original price

Latest Posts

Back