Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Lost A Customer :( Lol!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

S&S WINDOWS

I just lost a customer... Cleaned his windows once, 2 bed semi with really grimy upvc frames and quoted him £7 which i thought was very reasonable, just been round to collect the money which i didn't get and he told me he don't need us anymore cos his nans window cleaner does her 3 bed house AND conservatory for £4.50! And she's got twice as many windows! I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing my head off! All I said was 'I'd like to see what kind of job he does for that money' and walked off....

Well i've been going approx 6 weeks now and have gained just over 60 customers and there was only this one and another customer thats a pain to deal with, so I think just drop em, not worth the hassle or repeated attempts to get paid.

Will soon replace them with decent customers :)

The customer in first post, you didn't get paid??

6 weeks and 60 customers is good going well done!
No, didn't get paid. But for the sake of £7 i'd rather leave them to it and move on instead of stressing myself out and wasting time to try and get blood out of a stone.

Yeah i'm pretty pleased with the amount of customers so far. All i've done from day one is work 10am till 4am, ie if i'm cleaning windows for 2 hours then i'll canvass for 4 hours. In the beginning it was all canvassing but that is slowly being replaced with cleaning. I'll continue to canvass until i no longer have time to do so.

I wouldn't let people like that off with £7 I wouldn't give them the pleasure

Some people just don't give a toss about u, they think your out for a laugh

I wouldn't let people like that off with £7 I wouldn't give them the pleasure

Some people just don't give a toss about u, they think your out for a laugh
I understand what your saying but i think it would be hard work trying to get it. Should have listened to my instinct when first booking the job in and the custy said can you do it after a certain day cos i don't get paid till then. Obviously can't really afford it in the first place. I'm back round that friday and will give them a knock but not expecting anything. But overall so far this has been the only bad incident and everything else is going great! I won't let this one minor thing put a downer on the very enjoyable experience i'm having working for myself and all the lovely people i'm getting to meet.

No, didn't get paid. But for the sake of £7 i'd rather leave them to it and move on instead of stressing myself out and wasting time to try and get blood out of a stone.

Yeah i'm pretty pleased with the amount of customers so far. All i've done from day one is work 10am till 4am, ie if i'm cleaning windows for 2 hours then i'll canvass for 4 hours. In the beginning it was all canvassing but that is slowly being replaced with cleaning. I'll continue to canvass until i no longer have time to do so.
10am to 4am? Phew you do some hours lol. Dropped 1 today. Cleaned her 6 weeks ago & left SAE. 4 texes & 2 phone calls later no money & no reply. I tex him last night to say I will be round the area today please leave money out under a mat. Got there nothing. Got my pole out and applicator and washed his window but forgot to squeegee??? I know this sounds childest & maybe it is but it just makes me boil & why should this person have a free clean. All I've done is put the windows back in the state they were before I cleaned em. See if he gets in contact now. I hope he does. They dried horrible.

10am to 4am? Phew you do some hours lol. Dropped 1 today. Cleaned her 6 weeks ago & left SAE. 4 texes & 2 phone calls later no money & no reply. I tex him last night to say I will be round the area today please leave money out under a mat. Got there nothing. Got my pole out and applicator and washed his window but forgot to squeegee??? I know this sounds childest & maybe it is but it just makes me boil & why should this person have a free clean. All I've done is put the windows back in the state they were before I cleaned em. See if he gets in contact now. I hope he does. They dried horrible.
Hey i'm building up the hours gradually! Lol. 10 till 4 is adequate for now, when i get busier i might stretch that to 9 till 5...:)

I like your style I might give their windows another clean the way you did! Will see what happens friday first....

S s, catapult and a few ball bearings does a smashing job!
I bet! Although I dont think this would help us build a good reputation that we are working hard to achieve....

Hey i'm building up the hours gradually! Lol. 10 till 4 is adequate for now, when i get busier i might stretch that to 9 till 5...:)

I like your style I might give their windows another clean the way you did! Will see what happens friday first....
As I said it may not be right but it really does annoy me that people think they can just take the pee.

just ignore them mate, u always get 1 or 2 !

your doing well at the moment for 6 weeks !

Its been 9 weeks for me and i got 90 csutomers.... i should have about 110/120 customers.... but i toke a lot of bad payers off and bad priced jobs of my round /emoticons/smile.png

Im imporving all the time /emoticons/smile.png

just ignore them mate, u always get 1 or 2 !

your doing well at the moment for 6 weeks !

Its been 9 weeks for me and i got 90 csutomers.... i should have about 110/120 customers.... but i toke a lot of bad payers off and bad priced jobs of my round /emoticons/smile.png

Im imporving all the time /emoticons/smile.png
Totally agree mate, i've got 60 or so good regular customers who i'm pretty certain are more than happy with our work seeing as lots are referring friends and family too us, so i refuse to let one bad un spoil the otherwise good time i'm having building my round up!

90 customers in 9 weeks is good, hopefully i'll be on par with this in 3 weeks, and if i just carry on doing the best i can i'm sure it will happen. Best just to put this one bad person down to experience and learn from it. Thanks everyone for your great comments! You seem like a good bunch on here! :)

Hmmm well you are doing good mate /emoticons/smile.png Im hoping that i get 200 customers before winter ! /emoticons/smile.png thats my aim... i dont want to be struggling in the winter... i want a good round for october /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Hmmm well you are doing good mate /emoticons/smile.png Im hoping that i get 200 customers before winter ! /emoticons/smile.png thats my aim... i dont want to be struggling in the winter... i want a good round for october /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/tongue.png
I found at the beginning it was hard getting those first few customers but slowly momentum is building up and i'm getting more and more referrals, also had 2 people come up to me yesterday while i was up a ladder and ask for a card and one called within the hour, which makes you feel really good. Whole day of canvassing tomorrow so lets see what that brings, contemplating approaching a few small shops to see if they want their windows cleaning, anybody else done this? Or is it best to stick to residential?

Commercial is good to have, quick money and easy, don't have to be as fussy either, I would love to just walk around cleaning ground floor commercial all day!

Cant beat having commercial shops etc /emoticons/smile.png y ou get paid straight away no calling back ! Lol /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Commercial is good to have, quick money and easy, don't have to be as fussy either, I would love to just walk around cleaning ground floor commercial all day!
I'll give it a go then :) cheers!

Back