Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Beware of this Scam

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cambridge Cleaner

Cambridgeshire Cleaner
I wanted to make everyone aware of this scam....

I had an email at the beginning of last week offering me the opportunity of some contract work (6 hours per week) cleaning new warehouse (they liked my website!), phone this number to set up a phone interview. Set this up for Thursday p.m.

On Thursday morning I got an email to say they were too busy and the job was mine. They even sent me a signed contract from the M.D. Offering £18 per hour after tax and NI. All I have to do is get this SC1 form completed by a company called smart-checks.com. They would reimburse the cost of this in my first payment . Cost turns out to be £100!

Took a drive down the road where warehouse is supposed to be and couldn't see any likely buildings (6 hours work is a lot of windows) decided to do some digging and found:

1. Address for JPN Logistics is Lisburn, Northern Ireland - phone number 0203 is a London/virtual code

2. JPN and smart-checks.com domain names are both owned by Jamie Hart of Daisy cleaning in Sheppey, Kent.

Now know this is a scam and wanted to warn everyone because at first sight it appears plausible

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Seems a few of us had this email last week. Nice bit of digging around you've done. I did a Google of JPN logistics and that was as far as I could be arsed digging.

Doubt they would get many takers at such a low pay rate.

Good find, I had the same email last week which I just deleted as spam.

I got this and also thought it was legit.

I actually thought about it for a second then I replied saying sorry my hourly rate is £30 lol

Didn't think it was a scam though

Back