Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What A Year!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

Since the hosepipe ban a few months back... All's it has done is RAIN!!!... It is really starting to get to me now!... What about you???

Yer working like a man possessed when you get a dry ish day and looking at my books a good 2 and a half weeks behind!! Up side is got the kidds paddling pool and 6 water buts full of rain water with a tds ranging from 8 to 13 lol GF

Yeah! Like your comments... Getting behind is not much fun!.. Weather can be a pain!.. Lets hope for a dryer year 2013...

The upside to when it rains alot I tend to get more enquires for gutter clearing (blocked & overflowing gutters) also pressure washing for slippery hard surfaces. That's why to be honest I don't have a large window cleaning round as can offer a wide range of services that can be done when raining. High winds I find more of a problem for me....

I agree, I am about 2 weeks behind now and im starting to get fed up with the rain, since I only work on the weekends. I have the christmas week off so going to work the 3 days that I can and hopefully catch up.

Rain is probably the worst aspect of this job. I seem to be studying the forecast and have on the odd occasion cancelled jobs when heavy all day rain has been forecast. This has often turned out to be a bad mistake as forecasts seem to change quite dramatically!. I am about two weeks behind, but no change there....I have been behind all year. Most of my monthly customers seem to get done every six weeks!

Yeah! I am work monthly/Bi monthly at the moment... Come Apr i am going to switch to a 4-6 week rota!..

Its one of those "can I cant I" go out days today. Its chucking it down at the moment and I have a full day booked for a row of customers who I am three weeks behind with.. The forecast on the BBC website is for a mixture of light and heavy showers with the odd bit of sunshine, yet the weather map they have seems to suggest lots of dryness. These are the worst days for windowcleaning. Do I go and sit it out in the car or just write it off??...I will probably do my usual thing...pace the decks all morning waiting for an improvement in the weather, meanwhile doing nothing constructive...apart from refreshing the weather forecast page!!

I know the feeling mate... Its not like a day off really!... Always thinking about getting out at the right time!!... Sometimes. You have to bite the bullet!!!... I went out the morning done a £8 and a £12 and came home.. Started raining... £20 earned today... Just need one dry day and I can then get my teeth into my work.

Why not just get out there and try as you have nothing to lose apart from money that is /emoticons/smile.png

Rain can be in just some areas you know so the location that you need to work maybe not so bad as I have found out many times :rolleyes:

Its one of those "can I cant I" go out days today. Its chucking it down at the moment and I have a full day booked for a row of customers who I am three weeks behind with.. The forecast on the BBC website is for a mixture of light and heavy showers with the odd bit of sunshine, yet the weather map they have seems to suggest lots of dryness. These are the worst days for windowcleaning. Do I go and sit it out in the car or just write it off??...I will probably do my usual thing...pace the decks all morning waiting for an improvement in the weather, meanwhile doing nothing constructive...apart from refreshing the weather forecast page!!

Latest Posts

Back