Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My system is getting on my nerves

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

Arrgghhhh, my ionics system is constantly getting on my nerves,

Have changed all my filters now, and the tds is 0.07, even tho its filling up at 0.05... its still slow filling up.

When I give my blue filter a twist, it will go down to 0.00 but then for the next clean or 2 I get all crystals on the windows, which I assume is cos I have turned the blue filter.!!

I really don't want to have to get is serviced by ionics as cost is about £150, when I know it will be something simple.

Fedup.com

thats not good cant u just get new filters an service it ur self £150 is very steep im shore a filter change will sort the problim out im not clued up on ro filters so never changed one in my life lol:)

As I mentioned before @shazzy692002 bypass the di tube and use a di tank instead. I found out from other ionic users that is what they do because ionic resin tubes are ****. Also sounds to me you don't have an inline filter before the pump so to stop **** going through your pump and onto the glass.

@Smurf that's all far to complicated to me haha.

It does reject the **** water, when it fills. Its going in the tank at 0.05. I think its my blue filter that turns to brown when its finished, as it don't look as packed inside it as it has done in the past.

Have you checked the direction of flow on the di tube to make sure it's fitted the right way around?

I know on di tank if the flow is connect up wrong resin will come out and it won't drop the ppm much because of how the riser tube works inside it.

@Smurf that's all far to complicated to me haha.
It does reject the **** water, when it fills. Its going in the tank at 0.05. I think its my blue filter that turns to brown when its finished, as it don't look as packed inside it as it has done in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked the direction of flow on the di tube to make sure it's fitted the right way around?
I know on di tank if the flow is connect up wrong resin will come out and it won't drop the ppm much because of how the riser tube works inside it.

Never thought of that, but its in a tube, so you cant see it. I may get hubby to turn it at the weekend. see if it makes a difference. To be fair, my water was coming out at 0.02 today. Weird. Thank @Smurf .

Don't go swapping it around... just check that the flow is correct.:eek:

All types of di systems be it a canister, ionics tube or di tank must be connected up right so the flow of water passes through the resin properly. Get it the wrong way aound it won't work and will force the resin out into your tank.

Never thought of that, but its in a tube, so you cant see it. I may get hubby to turn it at the weekend. see if it makes a difference. To be fair, my water was coming out at 0.02 today. Weird. Thank @Smurf .

Back