Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Past Few Weeks I Havent Gained At All...

harunh

i had like 153 customers 2 weeks ago.. and now i got 151 customers... a lot of people are cancelling but at the same time im gaining a few customers aswell...

lost 2 today as they just cancelled... i think its due to the winter...

but aslong as i stay over 150 customers im happy /emoticons/smile.png

but i need to get up to £1500 a month income... im only on £1100 at the moment

ye its bene over 5 months now mate .. i wanted 200 customers for 6 months /emoticons/sad.png but am way off lool

I lost one there that didn't want it done over the winter, I just tell them we offer an all year round service, if thats not want they want then, I won't start them again come summer.

We wouldn't be in business if everyone did that, it just wouldn't be worth our while.

H, I think you're doing great mate keep at it, I love the fact that you have your customer total under your posts. It shows that you're really focused on it. If you maintain that same level of focus you'll do great.

laddergarder is right, but I have a couple of exceptions with that one, one of them getting new pvc windows in the winter so no point in keep cleaning them if hes getting new so will carry him on after winter.

But if your canvassing now(autenm/winter) its the best time to get custies as they will always be all year round, there are people out there that only want in summer, wait till there windows get dirty(prob over 12 weeks then they will prob realise.....

I havent cavassed in ages.. i think i might just flyer all day sunday /emoticons/smile.png cos i got like 2,000 leaflets sitting their and 3,000 business cards their aswell /emoticons/smile.png

I havent cavassed in ages.. i think i might just flyer all day sunday /emoticons/smile.png cos i got like 2,000 leaflets sitting their and 3,000 business cards their aswell /emoticons/smile.png
Do you leaflet then canvas a few days later??

To be honest I would not leaflet on a sunday, Sunday people are relaxing with their family, Monday and Tuesday there stressed out from work, best dropping Wednesday an Thursday or if you Gona follow up with canvassing then drop them Tuesday/ Wednesday and canvass on thur/ frid

dont worry, I think this happens to everyone. I think of it as your round is settling down. the bad customers are leaving and the good ones are staying. I had the same a few months ago, it felt like I was not moving forward but it will be patient.

Just keep marketing... go drop cards or if you have time go canvassing, you will start again.

and dont worry about winter if you have it in YOUR mind that they want to stop for winter then they will. thats ********...

i started in winter and gained 50 in a few months because all the other window cleaners stopped.

the customers are used to NOT having their windows cleaned in winter because its generally the window cleaner that stops and not the other way around, I have had 2 stop and when I thought about it I should have just said I dont stop for winter but I can skip you for a month or 2 and that's all.

Most will say OK...

Back