Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Pump / Battery Help Please

Lukeey

Hi there

The past month ive just done a new setup in a different van and have been having problems with the WFP Shurflo Water pump ever since.

Since using a new van, everything is setup the same, I will turn the pump on using the vari-flo controller, and the water isnt coming out of the pole at a good flowing level.

if i turn on the pump on at 2 water will flow and pump stays on, but i need it on setting 4 to get enough water to flow to clean windows properly, but soon as i put it on that setting water pump shut off, or pump will turn on and off every 15 seconds.

The battery is fully charged,

its a brand new 100psi shurflo pump

the vari stream controller is brand new aswell.

i have a 100meter 6mm hose pipe. I have been told that possibly the pump isnt strong enough with the hose i have.

if i disconnect the hose reel and just pump the water out from the pump water flows freely and fast but its as soon as i connect it to the hose reel where pressure is higher the pump does not like it and just wants to cut out.

appreciate if anyone has any ideas

Probably a bit of airlock. Happens to me all the time using barrels. What I do, is diconnect the hose as near the pump as possible, stick a bottle under it and turn it on full pelt, usually within half a liter -a liter it's fine. Plug in hose, turn pump back down, end.

It sounds as if not enough amps are getting to the pump when you increase the controller. Could be a connector or wire, if you have a meter to check the ampage you'll spot the problem straight away

Mine does that sumtimes - just whack the pump onto 6 or 7 for a few seconds; that usually sorts it, or disconnect, pump at a higher no for a few secs till water belts out, then reconnect & turn back down to 4. Always works after that. Must be an airlock or summat. I get them after every tank refill

Back