Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can you pump water with fairy in it through your normal pump?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

I have some old water in a bucket which I needed to pump which had some fairy in, will this clog my pump? I also have **** in my barrels when I pump it out.

I have some old water in a bucket which I needed to pump which had some fairy in, will this clog my pump? I also have **** in my barrels when I pump it out.
You had some old water in a bucket? Turn the bucket upside down and dispense of old water o_O

I use this twin DI to purify water for barrels, the water drips out of connectors and into the plastic flexitub thing and taking out DIs and tipping water is a hassle so that's why I tried to pump it out.

By the way, any idea how to organise, strap in these twin DIs better?

twin di.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I use this twin DI to purify water for barrels, the water drips out of connectors and into the plastic flexitub thing and taking out DIs and tipping water is a hassle so that's why I tried to pump it out.
By the way, any idea how to organise, strap in these twin DIs better?
Where on the connector does it drip?

If it's dripping from the thread before the Hozelock tap connector then try wrapping some PTFE tape around the thread.

If it's dripping from the actual Hozelock connector then try a new connector.

Failing that do what I did and swap out the Hozelock stuff for John Guest push fit. Ever since I did that I've not had one leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back