Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most Rigid Carbon Fibre Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

deno

Hi Guys

I'm looking to invest in a 35' pole.

My desire is to get the most rigid pole i can, i have no budget as i will pay for quality.

Opinions please

Cheers

Hi Den, speak to facelift, they have updated there poles. I have facelift poles and I will be getting one of there new range of poles. (Hopefully I won’t have to chop it) the quality is there unlike some other expensive poles.

It does look like facelift poles will be back on top with the changes they have made to the new range.

The issue small lateral/ horizontal clamps have, going wrong in various ways and a smaller clamp effecting pole rigidity, the new Facelift clamps looks like it will be the number 1 pole to have. Although I haven’t seen any specs about the clamp or tubes, some changes are clearly noticeable and look very well executed.

You tube link facelift rigidity -

Cheers. Richard

Personally I have found lateral clamps to be much better and more positive than other types that I have used, it will be interesting to see what they have gone for and if they have improved the type.

harunh, Den wants to know what are the most rigid poles. The reason - a 17ft glass fibre pole can be lighter than a 25ft Carbon fibre pole, but the stiffer carbon fibre pole is quicker to use when cleaning.

A top of the range carbon fibre poles is – more rigid has reduced flex and is faster to use than a standard carbon fibre pole– if it’s not more rigid it isn’t a top of the range carbon fibre pole.

You can get high modulus carbon fibre tubes/poles that bend more than a glass fibre pole if the carbon fibre tube diameter is small and the tube wall thickness is thin, it will be a very light pole, but it will bend more than an glass fibre pole with bigger measurements.

Richard

Alex Gardiner is a class act. When you go shopping just remember one thing ... when you buy a pole you buy the people that sell it. Somebody is always coming out with a newer better design. I'm sure Gardiner has a few more good ideas left for improvements.

Have you seen the Gardiner Extreme rigidity test on YouTube? I have an SL-X35 and I thought it was ridgid until I saw the video.

Have you seen the Gardiner Extreme rigidity test on YouTube? I have an SL-X35 and I thought it was ridgid until I saw the video.
Hi Mike

No i haven't seen that test, i will try and find it now

are you happy with the slx 35? is it good to work with? and finally how does it compare to any other pole you have used in the past?

Cheers

Den

Hey Mike

I cant find any rigidity test on line of the Extreme, would you know the link?

Cheers

Deno: Sorry my BlackBerry Mobil phone doesn't post links very well. Gardiner Pole Systems has a YouTube channel, you'll find it there. My SLX is very ridged at 25ft. I don't really need anything more ridged at that hieght but some guys love the Gardiner extreme under 30ft. I only use my extra two sections occasional and the pole is very ridged. Let's not forget that the SLX was the number one pole for quite a few years, with nobody else even close. Now we have the Extreme at the top and a few other poles closing in for the top spot.

extreme is very expensive /emoticons/wacko.png but very light ! lol
I think a cleaner can work faster and longer with a firmer, lighter pole so in theory the pole pays for itself in increased production and profits. That's my take.

Hi Mike

No i haven't seen that test, i will try and find it now

are you happy with the slx 35? is it good to work with? and finally how does it compare to any other pole you have used in the past?

Cheers

Den

I had an Excel fiberglass pole. I called it a noodle pole because there was so much flex it was like cleaning windows with a noodle. It was also very heavy too. The weight isn't as bad as the flex for making you tired. Anyway..... the SL-X is a pure pleasure to work with.

Latest Posts

Back