Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Messer Dumped Before The First Clean

i used to love CIU cos i got great advice when i first started and the banter was often good . i was about to agree with cheap above that you do "have to be careful what you say" , but where did this all start ? tiptoeing around the very people who mess us about . there was even a guy posting on ciu that he finds them to be very good reliable customers ,now if thats not a downright lie i dunno what is .

rant over hehehe

back in the 80s my uncle had a labrador called blackie , he wouldnt dare shout out that name now down the park, hed be knifed for his trouble.

this forums much better n cleanitup- cos its honest . i got struck off cleanitup cos i told a few home truths about the asian messer lot . thing is ,all us cleaners on the street know how it is , so why try and conceal the truth 

all i can think is the mod over there is one of em ,lol

I think I know who you are, same avatar on there boar?

avatar is steve coogan as Saxondale .

some of the big commercial boys pass out work via that forum ,so iv had to rejoin to keep that going, but i tell you it takes effort to rejoin when banned , but i found a way .

its a mad world

Last edited:
hmmm great tv programme called call the council during the morn....a lot of our friends in that...:)love the guy hanging all his meat on the washing line.....

i saw that ! what dyou reckon was the truth behind him and the meat there? good that old taxi was put off the road

i think thats just there way of hanging meat but its very dangerous the flys would love that but of course it was for his takeaway..

.yeh quite funny when he says just six more months and the guy says no.../emoticons/smile.png.he he he

reminds me of a thirty foot climb up my ladder to be greeted by some raw meat in full sun....the window was open it was only a small amount and was just sat on the cill....

he was feeding his venus fly trap.....

I have an Asian lady who's windows I do for £12 which includes a medium sized conny and the job takes me about 40 minutes so it's already not a great price. I was there yesterday and she asked could I wipe round the conservatory guttering and I'll give you abit more? I explained that I didn't have the required materials with me(Ubik etc). it just needs a wipe she said...well it wasn't bad but there was some Algae etc but I agreed to just do the best I could then.

It added 25 minutes to the job, I obviously didn't get it back to pure white but I got rid of most of the Algae etc using my applicator on a short pole. She came out and started asking me if I could get rid of the water marks behind the guttering...no way without a proper job I said...I need my tools and chemicals and it would take some time. ok she said in a disappointed way. I got the feeling then that she was sort of giving me the impression I hadn't really done the job in that case.

I was gonna ask her for a tenner for the job which is bloody cheap but after seeing her face I thought...ok I better just ask her to round the £12 off to £20.

So she came to pay and asked how much is it?...well 12 normally I said but then there's that other job. I could see in her eyes that see was saying yea but you didn't really do it did you. So in my moment of madness I thought I'd better just write it to experience and so I said...well is it worth a fiver to ya ?

What ? she said and stumbled slightly backwards...her eyebrows went so far up her forehead, I didn't expect um to come back down. You'd have thought I'd just asked for 50 quid. No she said...I asked 'I've just cleaned your conservatory guttering and you don't think it's worth a fiver ?' No...I thought you were gonna say a couple of quid she gulped.

Work this out...I charge her 12 quid for 40 minutes work and she thinks 2 quid is worth 25 minutes work ? Well, I couldn't believe her attitude after I had already decided to rob myself by asking for 5. So I said ok, well just call it 15 all in. She reluctantly agreed. Not sure yet if I'm going back but I certainly won't be doing anything other than the agreed job.

Mart.

^^^ dump her.

I had a new clean yesterday. I agreed to clean a small piece of cladding that her husband couldn't reach in with the job. Anyway, she texted before I got there and asked if my pole would reach the fancy thingy on the conservatory roof. I replied yes it would. She texted back saying oh great. To me she was asking me to do it as I was already there. The fancy thingy would have taken me about half an hour as it was a real awkward one. I didn't do it and left a note saying that I would have to book it in as a separate job. She saw my Mrs today and paid her and said to leave the fancy thingy.

She said that she hadn't heard from her last window cleaner and he wasn't answering her calls. Also he used to do the inside of the conservatory for £2 and it's a big 'un! I'm charging a lot more than the last guy.

Some people just take the p1ss.

I'll keep doing the job until she starts getting on my t1ts, then it'll be goodbye, see ya.

As soon as I hear the words..."my last window cleaner just stopped coming", I instantly get a bad feeling about the person.

oh god its great that gav mended the forum....your all on top form tonight...especially Mart more please...tuffers needs a good night story.../emoticons/smile.png

yeh no one else got spiderlings then....smurf just drowns them...

Back