Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

brushes for staff

WCF

Help Support WCF:

noddy

we have been using xline sill brushes but were finding them to heavy and to clumsy when doing sash windows now

I am on the extreme brushes but the staff don't like them ,

so I need a good brush with good scrubing power , easy to use and to be used on 99% of work doesn't have to be a sill brush either any tips guys (we don't used flocked brushes )

Xline mono that's all I use now on all my poles accept for a Gardiner brush I use just for leaded windows. Iv got a xline and Gardiner sil brush and I can't get on with either of them.

Then treat it like any other trade @noddy have the staff bring their own tools. If not then they can use what they are given.

When I get recruiting again soon I will make them do week one on a brodex ally pole with vikan brush. Week 2 they will getnthe SLX with the promise that if they damage it the Brodex will be their tool for life! /emoticons/tongue.png

Depends how heavy handed your staff are and if you need longterm durability , Superlite if not to heavy or a Ultimate which for me is just a lighter version of a SL my preference is the flocked version which is a good all rounder

50% my customers have leaded wooden and Georgian windows so ultimate flock is defo an essential brush also I use an ultimate med soft for the other 50%

First cleans I also use the ultimate flock and flock sill brush if you have big frames.

my thinking is having these three brushes with the quikloc defo makes the day light and easier than just using the one brush

Victorians had the right idear get some 10 year old chain him to a cleaning trolley work him till he drops bung him away and get another one. All of a sudden zero hours and a fiber glass pole is looking like a good option.

Back