Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working on a Sunday?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

original_legend

Following a few days of rain, and a glorious Sunday... I've been considering going out to work on a Sunday! Is this something any of you guys have done before? Thanks for the support /emoticons/wink.png

I have done but not any more

You get a lot of people spotting you who may not normally see you

Can lead to more customers

Unusually I am heading out today - even if it is tipping down with rain atm

But this cleans gotta happen today and it's alongside a cleaning company I work closely with down here. Their staff had their first day off yesterday in just short of 4 weeks and often work past midnight - crazy hours and locations - don't envy it in the slightest /emoticons/smile.png

Rarely but only for a commercial job where Sunday is the only day the premises is closed and I can have undisturbed access but seriously it comes at a minimum of £500 as my Sundays are too valuable to me! (Even if I do have to spend them with the wife! /emoticons/sad.png )

It really depends on a person’s commitments and family life/responsibilities.

Personally I work whenever required or I can. I grab temp security contracts for weekends or nights, and I will do garden maintenance work any day of the week if I’m feeling up to it.

Long ago I gave up on the concept of Weekends off.

This isn’t boasting or making out I’m special, it’s just that working in the security industry for a long time will do this to you. Until I moved on in 2013, 60 hours was a standard working week for me without overtime. Illness and holidays of the other guys would mean a few 84 hour weeks during each year.

Not being married and with no kid’s, I tend to put work first.

But I’m not recommending getting divorced and selling the kids on eBay.

Back