Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

a thought for the newbies

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Almost every forum you read will tell you to put your hose reel in the back to be used out the back doors. Most of the time when you pull up and park on the road your van will be sideways on. This option I have in my van works best if you have two side doors. My last two vans had the hose in the back, but I found this method much more convenient. Also it frees up room in the back to keep your trolley and backpackView attachment 5497

Almost every forum you read will tell you to put your hose reel in the back to be used out the back doors. Most of the time when you pull up and park on the road your van will be sideways on. This option I have in my van works best if you have two side doors. My last two vans had the hose in the back, but I found this method much more convenient. Also it frees up room in the back to keep your trolley and backpackView attachment 8023
Cool - what van is it ? I need bigger van got combo at moment

Have you waterproofed van floor or do you just use towels ?
I have waterproofed the floor. I get the odd drip from the reel on the back of the trolley, but I slide a paint tray between the wheels that catches them

I've got ratchet straps going from reel to reel plus a wooden frame I made. I put the gas bottle behind the drums of water. It goes in when the weather gets icy

I just wonder if it's worthwaterproofing van floor as surely any water just finds it's way out - if a vans going to rot would it be on underside anyway ?

Back