Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wooden Conservatory

richard123456

Came across an old wooden conservatory on the back of a house I was cleaning today. Weren't really sure what to do with it, because I heard they are fragile or something. Had quite a lot of dirt on it also, so might of had to put pressure onto it.

Any advise on what to do with old wooden conservatories?

It wasn't all rotted or anything but the glass seemed kind of thin. and also do you guys mess with rotted wooden windows?

i would point out to custy the possibility of damage when cleaning etc and hike the price cus its going to take you more time

or as @cheapncheerful says do a runner and ignore it :laugh:

I don't take on jobs with rotten or paint flaking windows frames.

Retarding conservatories if you are concerned of the integrity of the structure, frames and glass in any way then best leave well alone.

I've cleaned quite a few wooden conservatories but all in good condition. Mainly expensive oak framed ones some which have been painted and others oiled/stained all with double glazed units fitted.

Anything that looks old and dodgy I leave well alone as is not worth the hassle.

Latest Posts

Back