Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

500 litre tank in an older ( 2008/9 - 2013/14 ) vauxhall combo??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hi all,
In my old 04 reg transit connect which has done well, ive had a 350 litre tank, which how it feels, and sometimes with a few barrels and backpack in too, I wouldnt have felt too clever having a 500 litre tank in there. Now im buying my water in, what with the 20 mile round trip to do so, im thinking of my next small van being comfortable handling a 500 litre tank. It would only be carrying the full tank and full barrels for the journey back from the water supplier.
So I wonder, does anyone here have experience of a vauxhall combo, roughly between 08 and 13 reg, that seems fine with a 500 litre tank. So I can last a bit longer between re-fill trips. I dont do full days/weeks work usually.
Many thanks for any input.

The 1.7diesel combo from 2008 to 2012 comes in 2 versions. The Combo 1700 and the Combo 2000. The Combo 1700 has a payload of 588kg and the Combo 2000 has a payload of 785kg.
Say the tank and frame weighs about 50kg, a battery at 25kg, hose reel 20kg, then a tank of fuel at 50kg, plus you at about 85kg (average male weight in UK), plus 500lts of water (500kg) so you have a total of 730kg. So if you have nothing else in the van you might get 2 barrels full without exceeding the max payload of a Combo 2000!

Be aware that overloading a vehicle will invalidate your insurance, you can be fined, and it's not going to do the suspension or brakes any good at all.

If you could stretch your budget then a the newer shape from 2013 with the 1.3 diesel (same as Fiat Doblo) comes in a 2300 version which has a payload of 1000kg might be better.

Ah yep, the 2013 version looks a much sounder option. At least it looks like the used van prices are finally creeping down a bit, hopefully a bit more to come on that front. Unfortunately for me the prices of used vans in suffolk area where I live are disproportionately higher than elsewhere in the country but I dont need it in a hurry so thats one thing.
Many thanks for input ??

keep in mind vauxhall make an allowance for the drivers weight and weight of fuel unlike most others I believe. So that increases the payload limit when comparing to others.

Back