Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using this for a cladding and soffit clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kevin kiernan

Hi guys. Got a cladding clean on friday. Bloke does not want me using ladders. Im a traditional window cleaner and like f***k am i buying a wpf system for a 50 quid job lol.

Any cut to the chase saw this in makro, thought it would suffice? Whats anyones thoughts?

http://www.blasterbrush.com

interesting idea...i soap up with a brush and then race to get it off with a hose pipe and balanced on a ladder it is bloomin awkward doesnt say how much it costs though will keep my beady eye on the thread......yeh ladders on cladding can easy leave marks and squash. or break the cladding.. dont get too many as i the work dodger...

Looks ok but the pole looks way too short for 2 storey work. Another cheap option to consider you could make yourself a wfp out of a 5m Harris decorators pole.

That guy seems a right nut job by the way and probably will not want his walls get wet either /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi guys. Got a cladding clean on friday. Bloke does not want me using ladders. Im a traditional window cleaner and like f***k am i buying a wpf system for a 50 quid job lol.
Any cut to the chase saw this in makro, thought it would suffice? Whats anyones thoughts?

http://www.blasterbrush.com

It doesn't necessarily have to be water fed (pure or normal tap). You can just use the brush as if you were washing your car and keep changing the dirty water for fresh. Fill a bucket up with water and add some fairy (or whatever) early on to get it nice and frothey. Use the first bucket to agitate the dirt scrubbing it with your long handled brush. Change out the water/detergent and use the second bucket to wash the bulk of the mess you have made off. Use a third or forth (no detergent needed in the last one) bucket to wash the remainder of the suds or dirt away.

This is how I do it and it has worked a treat on all the jobs I've had so far.

I got the blaster brush from makro for £20. And a hoselock extension pole for £10. If i have step ladders i can easily reach the gutters with this. Im just thinking more on the lines of will this blaster brush do the job? Guess ill find out soon enough though. I moght even use it on other jobs where i am on a ladder.

A second question hijacking my own thread what does any one think of garden signs with company details to place down on the front lawn when doing bigger jobs like this

@Kevin kiernan I've found those type car wash brushes work well as have flocked bristles but not that great a getting in small gap between the guttering and fascia etc as the head/stock is too big even when using an wfp angle adapter to adjust the angle of the brush. Thats why now I prefer to use an @Alex Gardiner super-lite brushes as they are really lite compared to a car wash type brush and the stock being smaller I can get into the gaps better with the angle of the brush set right.

I think there is nothing worse than having clean plastic but leaving a dirt line visable on the fascia. After saying all that I've not found the ideal lite brush yet that has a lot longer bristles so to make the job easier at getting too awkward bits.

Regarding garden signs I've seen plenty left about fronts of properties for the likes of drive cleaning and builders but never seen one for exterior cleaning so you might be onto something there./emoticons/wink.png

Could be a good idea having a sign if you are going to be hanging about the house for a while.

I've had the same problem as you with the gutter line smurf. I've been giving this some consideration for a while.

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php?option=com_aceshop&route=product/product&path=75&product_id=1854

I figure this brush ^ would fit in nicely and compact the bristles well enough to form into the right places. I've not seen one in person yet though so not sure if it would work the way I think it will. Its on my shopping list though. What do you reckon?

At the moment I just get up the ladder to finish off anything I didn't get. Essential kit to use for that is ladder mits, especially on cladding.

Might be worth a try or I've used in the past plastic type chepo scrapers/filler things you can get from the likes of B&Q taped to a pole with a micro cloth on it to get right into the gap.

Back