Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water

best

What is the best temperature or heat to clean windows.

I have tried a fish tank heater to heat the water, but wander if it should be hotter.

can it be too hot?

I know hot water cleans better, but dont know if it could crack freezing glass if too hot

I read on another forum that a fella cracked a pane of glass using hot water using WFP last week.

I cracked a window about 3 years ago. It was bonfire night and we decided to have a barbie. I brought the barbie and patio heater up the garden to next to the house. Bosh, went the kitchen window after about 10 minutes of the patio heater being on :laugh:

I've used hot/warm water for ages and never crack a dg unit yet but now that I've said that... /emoticons/biggrin.png

You can pick up a portable gas water heater for under£100 now from the likes of fleebay and have instant hot water on tap for wfp work. You can also adjust the temp accordinly if you want too.

hot water don't really make that much of a different do they? I can see how it could be useful it freezing though.

I can remember when I broke a window back in 2006 I think it was using 42ft cleantech pole. It was heavy to be fair cleaning four storey high

I have a heater in my outhouse, so my water isn't stone cold. A fish tank heater could take your water up to 86 degrees f so depending how much your using that works too.

So is the water you use Hot or warm. Would a fish tank heater do the job
Water I've used comes from the tank very very hot, it cools slightly running through 100 metres of mini bore

I've genuinely never met anybody who's had a BBQ on Bonfire night /emoticons/biggrin.png
Oh well things are different at Tuffers Towers, don't live life like us mere mortals...lol

I bet the butler got the boot after that one...!! :call:

well thats funny er i had my barby on this bonfire night.....i do the tea and had a garden full of branches to burn so it made sense to me.....it was a goody too...

interesting post....especially as we head into colder weather.

Back