Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you go about using a water fed pole on this big house...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil nowdownunder

Hi all,

As some may know I've only recently got myself a 32foot WFP package.

Please have a look at the pictures attached. I have to do this house on Monday.

My question is. If you were doing this house with WFP. What order would you do things?

I'm thinking all frames first then go back and do glass top to bottom? Appreciate your experienced eye and thoughts on this please.

Many thanks,

Neil.

View attachment 5724

View attachment 5725

View attachment 5726

Hi all,
As some may know I've only recently got myself a 32foot WFP package.

Please have a look at the pictures attached. I have to do this house on Monday.

My question is. If you were doing this house with WFP. What order would you do things?

I'm thinking all frames first then go back and do glass top to bottom? Appreciate your experienced eye and thoughts on this please.

Many thanks,

Neil.
no.

always top down so...

i would start at top of one corner window quickly swipe over the whole thing to start it soaking then scrub the the top frame and glass 6-12 inches thoroughly.

while the top of that window drips out i would either scrub the rest of it without going to the top or do the same thing on the next window and then go back to the first and so on.

when doing the bottom one also scrub and rinse the top of the next lower.

it basically like reading start top left move across then down.

you could also go all the way across top row of windows before returning to first.

when your have let the top drip out and doing the main area of the window do not all the way back to the top...it's clean and rinsed.

Last edited by a moderator:
or maybe brush all the lot - then rinse top section- then I would pole squeegee bottoms to avoid spotting

I'd do as many top windows as I could first and then go back and do the lower ones starting where you started the upper ones, allowing for the drips to stop longer. Watch you don't gob it on that muddy bank.

Top windows and gap in between the windows all the way round first and then the larger bottom panel.

Not sure if those trees deposit sap or not - you will know from your own experience.

The problem I foresee won't be the windows (excluding sap issue) but rather the water that runs off the windows turning the ground to mud.

Lovely house.

Thanks guys appreciate your comments. I'm pretty sure that bank will take a lot of water before it starts getting muddy. Its late spring here now and the sun is getting stronger so the ground will be pretty dry and hopefully be able to soak up plenty of water without running too much and turning the whole area into a mud bath. Will wear my crocs (plastic shoes) for this one I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was tiktik, perfect for using the water fed pole. There was some small windows on the top I had to get onto the colour bond roof and lie down to get to them with a small squeegee. The colour bond (steel roofing) was so hot it was burning my legs. Next time I'll take trousers and shorts. Soil being near the sea was very dry and sandy and absorbed all the water with barely any run off. All went pretty well though, thanks for the help all!

It was tiktik, perfect for using the water fed pole. There was some small windows on the top I had to get onto the colour bond roof and lie down to get to them with a small squeegee. The colour bond (steel roofing) was so hot it was burning my legs. Next time I'll take trousers and shorts. Soil being near the sea was very dry and sandy and absorbed all the water with barely any run off. All went pretty well though, thanks for the help all!

You will know for next time - that's experience. Perhaps you could also do that house first thing in the morning before the suns heat.

Back