Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Submersible pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Need a pump from my water butts in the garden to the garage about 10M away then through my twin DI and then onto my van a further 3M. Really want a mains powered submersible pump as no taps on the butts. Any suggestions on which pump to go for. Sick of having to use my old trolley system and taking the battery off my van set up to run it.

Cheers in advance

I use a hozelock water butt pump.good quality & will last.of course you can get cheaper!!!

I got mine from machine mart, but you can get them from screw fix etc. Just fit a normal size hose to it and run it to the van. Spend what you can as it'll make filling the van quicker

no!!!& if you want to adjust the flow if say from water butt through di vessel use a hozelock connector with an adjustable tap.otherwise on full flow you will use your resin quicker.if your transferring pure water to van-full blast

I'm probably going to sound stupid now. I thought the flow control would slow down the flow thereby saving resin?

If not where should I put the tap? Before or after DI?

The slower the water passes through the resin the longer it lasts

So u need to slow the flow before the vessel

Be careful which pump it's not that simple most pumps are designed to flow only at there designed speed

So why you adjust the flow the pump keeps pumping and if it's high flow will damage it

Get a cheap submersible with a low flow just enough to pump through vessel

Do u own a backpack? Or have a spare pump if so use that and the flow control

Back