Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Car Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol

Think I already posted one of the combo I did a while ago.

That came out nice and surprisingly not many swirl marks considering how soft the paint on a Vauxhall is lol

Good job CNS , my old man has a rover 45 colour is metallic blue but where it hasn't been cleaned for a while and sat under a tree the paintwork feels rough and looks dull, he had it cleaned by the polish down the road but paintwork at back looks dull still. I said for a Father's Day gift I will clean it and polish it! Would t-cut be a good option then polish or just polish?

Id need to inspect it to advise best.

Your best bet is a rotary polished used by a trained person in a 2-3 stage process, but that will cost lol.

Before polishing you will need to wash it , clay it and if possible, de tar it

I would recommend if doing yourself, scholl concept s17 polish (£12 on eBay) using a medium scholl hand polish pad. After that wash it again and then treat it to some dodo purple haze wax (panel pot will do

It, they about £6)

Remember with these products, less is more.

Avoid tcut

Nice one CNS top man I will look into getting these products for me old mans car . Thanks mate. Hope it's going well for you

It's not much of a problem on white, but eventually you'll take all the clear coat off.

Tcut is not a proper polish. Its a polish with added polymers which "fill" the scratches until you wash it again.

A proper polish should always be finished with a wax.when you polish a car, you take a layer of the clear coat off.

Depending who makes your car or van., but if you polish more than yearly, you will take off the clear coat very quickly and end up having to have a respray.

It's not much of a problem on white, but eventually you'll take all the clear coat off.

Tcut is not a proper polish. Its a polish with added polymers which "fill" the scratches until you wash it again.

A proper polish should always be finished with a wax.when you polish a car, you take a layer of the clear coat off.

Depending who makes your car or van., but if you polish more than yearly, you will take off the clear coat very quickly and end up having to have a respray.
Red combo Dave,don't want it to go pink.

It is a lovely red,yes I wax it with a bit of turtle polish.

Id it once a month,what do you recommend,autoglym,macguires.

Cheers.

Ooooo dear

Lol

Vauxhall has or of the most soft paints there are, feel it compared to a BMW and you'll see what I mean.

So with the paint being soft means you can polish even less.

And being red means it will show up worse than ever, often the cause of the pinking your trying to avoid!

I would hand polish when it actually needs it (ie when the reflection is starting to look dull or a bit fuzzy)

Wax it every 4-8 washes.

What are your washing methods at the moment

I do love to keep my van clean,take it to posh wash for a fiver!

I clean the inside and then polish the out.

Oh dear don't want it going pink.

What about my 10 plate Astra,silver body work feels rough.

Posh aren't like the normal polish car washes,live in quite a posh area of Essex and they do Bentleys,range rovers Etc.

If it feels rough it needs to be Clayed (you tube videos are best for this)

Personally, ever before I cleaned car professionally, I would never use a hand car wash, and especially not an auto wash machine.

The auto machines will scratch the paint work badly.

Hand car washes will "swirl" the paint because they don't change there water and clothes between cars.

Your Astra will be the same but silver covers up a lot, hence why my mondeo is silver. Looks shinny all the time.

Here is what "swirl" is:

View attachment 3071

As you can see, it's a big difference, buts costs over £150 to fix this sort if thing as it needs a 3 stage polish and then 2 coats of wax and will probabbly take over a day.

View attachment 1867

Posh aren't like the normal polish car washes,live in quite a posh area of Essex and they do Bentleys,range rovers Etc.

P.s that picture is a posh car taken to a well know an apparently good hand car wash....

Latest Posts

Back