Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Costs

B

Bret

Can anybody advise me? I want to know how much I would be paying per litre of water if I were in a small commercial/light industrial premises with a water meter.

not sure about commercial tariff as different areas charge different

on my domestic water metre is cost me, at the minute as upgrading soon, less than £10 per 1000lt of pure water. that's because the RO at the minute has a ratio of 1:2 (1000lt pure:2000lt waste) that will soon be the other way round when I have finished upgrading my RO unit and that cost will be a lot less.

Thanks for the feedback RC. Does that mean that you are paying less than £10.00 for 3 thousand litres? Still a lot of money if you are doing it 5-6 days a week - 2.5 grand + per year.

not sure about commercial tariff as different areas charge different
on my domestic water metre is cost me, at the minute as upgrading soon, less than £10 per 1000lt of pure water. that's because the RO at the minute has a ratio of 1:2 (1000lt pure:2000lt waste) that will soon be the other way round when I have finished upgrading my RO unit and that cost will be a lot less.
What are you upgrading too 40:40 ?

Best ppl to talk too would be your water provider I would have thought. As well as manufactures/resellers of ro's etc to gather the data you would need.

You could then calculate cost but would be dependent on the water purification plant you want to setup and volume of pure water you want to produce either to sell or use yourselves.

Hope that helps?

Thanks for the feedback RC. Does that mean that you are paying less than £10.00 for 3 thousand litres? Still a lot of money if you are doing it 5-6 days a week - 2.5 grand + per year.
yes less than £10 for 3000lts of water, including waste cost. its nothing in the long run. the total amount I get back from that water when working is up £400-£500.

I don't pay sewerage on my business water, I have an external usage meter and don't pay sewerage on any of it. £1.80 max per cubic metre. It's about £3.50 for sewerage cost per cubic metre. Massive savings for hotwash.

I don't pay sewerage on my business water, I have an external usage meter and don't pay sewerage on any of it. £1.80 max per cubic metre. It's about £3.50 for sewerage cost per cubic metre. Massive savings for hotwash.
im not on a water meater does that mean i dont pay sewerage?

just water cost if u tell ur water compney ur self inployed u dont pay sewage i think ???
you still have to pay sewage cost not matter, you can get a it deducted from bill but you have to prove that's its not going down drain with fitting extra meters and sometime you could get put onto a business tariff which then you are paying more for water as the price is higher, so no better off really.

lol your with south west water aren't you??

prices are going up from £1.91 to £2.05 soon just for water. and waste is going up from £3.31 to £3.47.

our water is staying at £1.52 per cubic metre. and waste is £1.65

So if your on a meter 40:40 is the best option?

But then again the cost of filters could out weigh it?

Should this be in chit chat or wfp :Image13: :Image16: ?

I have an external use water meter, unless you have one you are paying for sewerage and that's expensive.

Rc our tap water is between 34 to 42 ppm. So a little bit more for better water.

External meter works out at £6 per month. The maths is simple.

So if your on a meter 40:40 is the best option?

But then again the cost of filters could out weigh it?

Should this be in chit chat or wfp :Image13: :Image16: ?
yer 4040 would be a better option on a water metre, or even a couple of them together! lol

but the cost of a 4040 filter cost about £240, but they are meant to last 4-5 years, so if they last 4 years then its only £60 a year.

think it should be in both! lol

I have an external use water meter, unless you have one you are paying for sewerage and that's expensive.

Rc our tap water is between 34 to 42 ppm. So a little bit more for better water.

External meter works out at £6 per month. The maths is simple.
might be better water, but still costs a lot more than ours lol

if we got the same set up as you and don't pay waste on our water then ours would be cheaper than yours still.

but im not complaining that it costs me just under £10 in water when in return I can get between £400-£500.

or if I had 2 of my biggest commercials then I would be getting upto £800 for that £10! lol

Back