Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the switch!

MikeL

Hi

I've been window cleaning for nearly 20 years and just in the process of switching from trad to WFP. Bought a Gardiner SLX 25 and a Gardiner backpack.

Thinking of staging the switch cause I've not got a van yet, still using my car. Hesitant with the additional running cost of a van but think it may prove essential. Been thinking of a Berlingo/Kangoo/Caddy but don't know whether it may prove too small?

TDS reading is around 100 so going to just use DI filter.

A fair bit of my work is terraced houses so thinking the backpack on a trolley down the back alley may work? Anyone any experience with cleaning the rear windows on terrace houses with WFP. I'm used to years of lugging ladders over the walls!

Watched 100's of YouTube videos but any help from your experience is much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi & welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

Van size depends on the max payload on how much water (size of the tank) you want to cart about plus everything else. Small vans you will soon outgrow as I did very quickly the more wfp work you do.

Only problem I find with terrace houses (the ones in Derby anyway) when you clean upstairs the water tends to drip down the walls onto the bottom windows as there pretty flush , the ones I do here just meens I have to do tops then wait 5 mins before doing the bottoms

Hi
I've been window cleaning for nearly 20 years and just in the process of switching from trad to WFP. Bought a Gardiner SLX 25 and a Gardiner backpack.

Thinking of staging the switch cause I've not got a van yet, still using my car. Hesitant with the additional running cost of a van but think it may prove essential. Been thinking of a Berlingo/Kangoo/Caddy but don't know whether it may prove too small?

TDS reading is around 100 so going to just use DI filter.

A fair bit of my work is terraced houses so thinking the backpack on a trolley down the back alley may work? Anyone any experience with cleaning the rear windows on terrace houses with WFP. I'm used to years of lugging ladders over the walls!

Watched 100's of YouTube videos but any help from your experience is much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi MikeL

I do quite a few terraced. Tops with trolley bottoms Trad. I will park the trolley and walk to the furthest house on the street and go along the tops back to trolley. Then go back to first house and do bottoms trad. (or with pole).Tops have stopped dripping then. Backs can usually be done doing 2 at time cleaning both back top windows by just easily reaching next door.

Only problem I find with terrace houses (the ones in Derby anyway) when you clean upstairs the water tends to drip down the walls onto the bottom windows as there pretty flush , the ones I do here just meens I have to do tops then wait 5 mins before doing the bottoms
Hi MikeLI do quite a few terraced. Tops with trolley bottoms Trad. I will park the trolley and walk to the furthest house on the street and go along the tops back to trolley. Then go back to first house and do bottoms trad. (or with pole).Tops have stopped dripping then. Backs can usually be done doing 2 at time cleaning both back top windows by just easily reaching next door.
Thanks abs and jimmyboots. I'll try and vary the time delay below tops and bottoms to see what works best on the terrace houses I clean

Latest Posts

Back