Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's it worth.

E

EcoServ

Hi Guys.

Just in the middle of swapping over to a new Van and system.

I have an old ionics 1000 litre. Which used to have the boiler hot wash but took it off and in the garage.

It's a two man system with 2 x Vyair controllers and pumps. 2 x RO's, sediment filter, carbon filter, DI.

What's it worth? Had a look around on the internet but can't see anything similar?

If you have any ideas that would be great.

Going to see if it's worth selling.
6b1bcf10ecafdf81a072653422ea5095.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The reality is that its only worth what someone is prepared to buy it for and collect it.

The size of 1000 liters would also limit the amount of interest as most wouldn't have a van big enough to carry the weight.

The first thing I would consider is how much it would cost me to replace the membranes. 2 new 4040's are about £500 + VAT for HF5 and £410 + VAT for HF4's from Gardiners and reduce the price I would be prepared to pay for it by this amount. I would also have to consider the cost of transport or going to collect it.

Here's a 750l system on auction at the moment. I would watch that and see what they/he gets for it.

750ltr 1 Man Delivery WaterFed Pole System Xline Systems

This is probably more 'saleable' as it uses standard components. Ionics are know for their high cost of replacement parts. I honestly don't know what an ionics sediment and carbon filter cost, or even if other suppliers have items that are compatible.

I don't like the double tanks of the Xline system but that's my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reality is that its only worth what someone is prepared to buy it for and collect it.
The size of 1000 liters would also limit the amount of interest as most wouldn't have a van big enough to carry the weight.

The first thing I would consider is how much it would cost me to replace the membranes. 2 new 4040's are about £500 + VAT for HF5 and £410 + VAT for HF4's from Gardiners and reduce the price I would be prepared to pay for it by this amount. I would also have to consider the cost of transport or going to collect it.

Here's a 750l system on auction at the moment. I would watch that and see what they/he gets for it.

750ltr 1 Man Delivery WaterFed Pole System Xline Systems

This is probably more 'saleable' as it uses standard components. Ionics are know for their high cost of replacement parts. I honestly don't know what an ionics sediment and carbon filter cost, or even if other suppliers have items that are compatible.

I don't like the double tanks of the Xline system but that's my opinion.

Thanks Spruce.

I know what you mean it's worth whatever someone's willing to pay but was looking for a ball park figure to put it up for sale.

It's in a Vivaro van at the moment and thinking of selling it as complete.

The ROs have a rejection rate of 95%. My water mains is 200ppm and I get 5-10ppm out. So they in good nick to be honest as I Flush them with pure water every month.

The other filters cost £100 each about.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Might be worth contacting Ionics & see how much they will give you for it (at least that should give you an idea of price). Ionics do re-condition old systems & sell them on.

Back