Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

perks of the job and the people you meet

• Thread starter The window cleaning kid
  • Start date
T

The window cleaning kid

As above, have had a great client for the last couple of years, she is a cake maker.

Its my partners birthday soon and wanted to get her a nice cake for the occasion and was scrolling google face book and what not trying to find some one, then it dawns on me that one of my clients makes outstanding cakes from what I have seen.

She done me a great deal and saved me the hassle of contacting a big shop, So its FIFTY SHADES OF GREY cake all round next week in my house :rofl:.

Does any one else mix business with business ?

As above, have had a great client for the last couple of years, she is a cake maker.Its my partners birthday soon and wanted to get her a nice cake for the occasion and was scrolling google face book and what not trying to find some one, then it dawns on me that one of my clients makes outstanding cakes from what I have seen.

She done me a great deal and saved me the hassle of contacting a big shop, So its FIFTY SHADES OF GREY cake all round next week in my house :rofl:.

Does any one else mix business with business ?
Yes I do. I've become friendly with a roofer and a landscaper on my round. I get them work from other customers on my round, so they bung me a 'drink' for each job, nice little earner.

I also clean the windows of the sign writer who does my vans. Because I get him other work, he does my vans at a discounted rate :thumbsup:

Got a wide spectrum when it comes to custys.. from a drug dealer to a judge..

But recently got talking to a custy that is a chemical engineer with his own company. I get on really well with him and got talking about softwash chems hypo etc.

Bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt as hes currently in the process of designing and testing a solution for me to use.

True what they say. Its not what you know etc

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used to do the windows of the guy who owned the local garage. Thought I'd get a better deal getting my van repaired there. Think he actually charged me more than usual and left half the bolts out of the gearbox..

Yeah I've a pigeon fancier on mine as so am I so I get paid with a pigeon once a month now good deal lol had winners from France races off him ..had a fella who used to do rabbiting a bit got free meat on round too

I get my tyres if a tyre guy on my round. He does them to me cheap. Car parts of another guy does them cheap. I like to support those who support me /emoticons/biggrin.png

So im well impressed with the cake lol.
Talking of cakes, our local bakery was advertising all cakes, 50p. Went in picked one up and went to the counter. The girl said that's 90p please. I said what, the sign says cakes 50p? She said yeh, but that's medeira cake /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back