Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory roof nightmare!

Poles Apart

Priced one up last month at £80 did it yesterday I've done about 30 of these but never before had this a job that I estimated would take 2 hours max took 4 and a half. It was covered with hundreds of pieces of pigeon ****, my window round is filling up quick so these will now be done on an estimate basis only. this was the hardest job I've ever done I was so exhausted after I felt sick I had too scrub and scrub standing on a ladder. I loosened it all off but had to leave the bits on because it was one of those that you can only rinse up on not down told the customer that the rain would rinse it better they were happy and apologised for the state of it, just one observation though I have doubts that these cleaners like virosol do anything at all.

sounds like one i started doing a few months ago, quoted it a £100, 3 hours into the job when i realised it would take 2 days. This was a flat glass roof mind. That horrible feeling when you realise youve way underestimated the job and just feel like ding a runner lol

Soak with ubik

Soak again with ubik

Scrub

Soak again

It should come off then as the ubik really does start to break it down

Very time consuming though

24° here today and done 2 glass roofs including windows and 2 fascia/gutter/windows new customers

Absolutely knackered now and just finished

Bring back the rain

When i was on carpet cleaning course we were told to remember the acronym CHAT

Chemical, Heat, Agitation, Time (dwell). Pretty much applies to any cleaning

I gotta do fsg and conny roof on both of these thursday no pics of back as off google maps but they are full width lean to style conservatories with 2 openers in them

They are good monthly customers and will make me about 400 quid between them on Thursday

View attachment 7896

On the second one you can't see the hidden garage on the left with windows and fascia above front and back

View attachment 7895

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta do fsg and conny roof on both of these thursday no pics of back as off google maps but they are full width lean to style conservatories with 2 openers in themThey are good monthly customers and will make me about 400 quid between them on Thursday

View attachment 11162 View attachment 11163

On the second one you can't see the hidden garage on the left with windows and fascia above front and back

Haha you work around LB too!

Back