Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Van and sign writing

Still working on that. I have only had a few days since I got it but I have put 3 coats of protectakote on the floor as shown below.

View attachment 4716

View attachment 4717

I have a garage fitting my 650L tank and frame as well as the leisure battery on Friday. The rest I will have to setup myself.

I am transferring quite a few things from my old van such as the pump, varistream unit etc but the biggest obstacle I have at the moment is finding a way to hook my poles up.

In my old van I have a section of drainpipe fitted to the roof at 2 locations but there is only one location I can fit the pipe to on this van.

Also, where would you say is the best location to fit the pump and flow controller.

If anyone has any ideas then please share them.

Very nice, however you may want to see about the colours of the text over the water droplet as it doesn't really stand out and mergers in to the water droplet!

Good start though! Looks good otherwise!

That protectakote is stinky stuff ain't it! My van still has a whiff of it several months later.

I've got my poles on the side attached with webbing, bit slow to get them in and out, but I can pull them tight as I can't stand knocking sounds when driving about. I have attached my controller to the side of my tank. I guess as long as your controller is within arms reach of the door you use the most it'll be fine..

Thanks Jake. When I got the drafts for the sign writing I had black text on one of them but I felt the blue looks better.

I have to say though, the text over the water droplet looks very clear and readable in the flesh so to speak. It does stand out but the pictures somehow dont show that!

I know what you mean about hanging stuff from the roof on those vans as they only have one cross member @Steven. I got some hooks from B&Q and bolted them to the bulkhead.

E2E96EE9-4C60-4DE4-93F4-2BADFC79FFBC_zpsh4sgfquz.jpg

Well @Steven you asked what I think,

1 Hate the van

2 Hate the colour

3 Hate the sign writing

4 Hate that you have it

5 Hate that I don't

6 Lied about the first three - Nice one mate :thumbsup:

2 weeks is positively quick. Took me 2-3 months to finish my van lol. Looking great. Here's hoping it earns you tonnes of money :thumbsup:

Back