Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionics V4 system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sparklean

Hi, I'm new on here and new to window cleaning. Hope someone can help with this.

I bought a van mounted, Ionics Systems V4 600 litre last December. Haven't used is much as I've been setting up a new business but had to change 3 filters last month, carbon, sediment and DI. Today I have a PPM reading of 1 having only filled it half a dozen times since the filter changes! I'm really worried that it's the RO that needs changing now. The booklet provided is quite vague about how often the filters need changing. Does anyone know how long they last?

Perhaps ring ionics?

Sometimes it can take a while for ppm to drop after changing filters, so maybe give it another go and out some litres through it,

Have you back flushed the RO?

Apparently on that one you have to back flush the system manualy.

Have you been back flushing the system at all?

What's psi entering the system.

Check your PPM after the RO.

Take a sample by disconnecting the inlet to the resin filter.

As a rough idea it will be about 10% of your tap water PPM

Thanks for all your help. You do have to back flush manually on every fill which I have been doing. The TDS meter says PPM of 12 going in and PPM of 1 coming out. I have contacted Ionics who said to give the resin filter a good shake and re-install so I'll try that.

Nice one...At least they are trying to be helpful and not trying to con you in buying stuff you don't need.

Back