Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF Encouragement is starting to feel like a reality!!!

rjacandwc

As your long servers know on this forum. i started Part Time as a second job last May/June time (2011) and worked for the local council for four years... Working two jobs was a killer for me to be honest. But. I knew I had to do it to stand any chance of getting out of the PAYE Council... I took the "Plunge" at the begining of this month. It has not been the idea start... A fair bit of rain... But. I am on top of my work and I am picking up new customers all the time!... The main reason for this post is that many of you on the WCF are (like me) interested to know how things are going and today is a little kind of Milestone for me... Today I booked in my 150th Customer... looking back I never would of thought this possible. But. it is purely down to the support of certain people back home and Window Cleaners on this forum which have given me the drive and motivation to progress.... I still feel like i have a long way to go. But. I am progressing and getting better all the time. You may remember me telling you that I do not drive due to poor vision over distance. A eye condition of which i was born with and not alot more can be done to help me see that number plate over the legal distance. I work around this problem to the best of my abilty... I have x3 sets of ladders covering the town I live in... I keep things simple and it works. I would really love to drive... But. my main drive at the moment is to progress with Window Cleaning. It has taken me a long time to understand.. I feel in a better position now with window cleaning. People are calling me the Window Cleaner and that feel good... I still have plenty more to talk about.... Cheers for the motivation and to anyone new out there. It can be done. It's not easy... But. keep talking on this Forum and get out there and earn some dosh!!!

well done fella

awesome to see people acualy getting out there and working no matter what

as you know i am in the same sort of position myself a stupid paye job and doing windows so busy a lot atm

150 customers mate is awsome wish i had that many i would go full time myself then how many did you have when u left the job agine ?

well done mate 150 is a result, why dont you carry a small extension pole to get windows that might be just out of reach for ladders, a lad in my town does this all on a push bike

Welsh Cleaner... When I handed in my notice I had abt. 110 custys... - have picked up abt. 40 custys in the last 8 weeks.. When l was working two jobs, most of my work was word of mouth, friends and friends of friends including facebook... Most of my work now over the past 8 weeks has been through people seeing me out and about and I have also picked up a few from leaflet dropping.. At the moment my monthly income from windows is abt. 900 and I was getting abt 1100 on the PAYE. So. I am still abt 200 down each month and this does not include the extra money l got having a second job.. So, still a long way to go.. But l have more time now and capacity to build it up.. If l can get to 300 custys by this time next year and 200 by July/Aug this year - should be ok. I work to pay bills at the moment. Last year l worked two jobs to pay bills, so in one way l slightly better off.. It feels very strange getting myself out the door in the morning.. But. Having 20 plus years of ****e PAYE has done me a favour...

Cheers ;

ambo113 and Simon...

Cheers Paulrods bloody hard work, worth it though :)

Give yourself a big drink aswell as your pat on the back, you deserve it. But now you have got established, and got all these customers, who are all going to be telling friends and family how good their window cleaner is........! :)

Ya i had 2 paye jobs i got ride of 1 which was worth 300 a month to me

still got 1 thats worth around 600 to me + what i get for the windows atm so can manage on that atm and i'm happy it is **** haveing to work at 7am for someone else

one day i'll take the plunge tho for sure just when it is in my case lol

ya id like around 150 custys before i left my paye job realy and i think i should get there but i dunno when tbh could be this year or even next but iv got a few plans in place for advertising this next month so i will see how i get on

glad its working out for you mate and 40 custys in 8 weeks nice work :]

As your long servers know on this forum. i started Part Time as a second job last May/June time (2011) and worked for the local council for four years... Working two jobs was a killer for me to be honest. But. I knew I had to do it to stand any chance of getting out of the PAYE Council... I took the "Plunge" at the begining of this month. It has not been the idea start... A fair bit of rain... But. I am on top of my work and I am picking up new customers all the time!... The main reason for this post is that many of you on the WCF are (like me) interested to know how things are going and today is a little kind of Milestone for me... Today I booked in my 150th Customer... looking back I never would of thought this possible. But. it is purely down to the support of certain people back home and Window Cleaners on this forum which have given me the drive and motivation to progress.... I still feel like i have a long way to go. But. I am progressing and getting better all the time. You may remember me telling you that I do not drive due to poor vision over distance. A eye condition of which i was born with and not alot more can be done to help me see that number plate over the legal distance. I work around this problem to the best of my abilty... I have x3 sets of ladders covering the town I live in... I keep things simple and it works. I would really love to drive... But. my main drive at the moment is to progress with Window Cleaning. It has taken me a long time to understand.. I feel in a better position now with window cleaning. People are calling me the Window Cleaner and that feel good... I still have plenty more to talk about.... Cheers for the motivation and to anyone new out there. It can be done. It's not easy... But. keep talking on this Forum and get out there and earn some dosh!!!
Snap!! I too just finished working for the council (1st march) and I also have 150 custys. Isn't that awkward!! Hehe.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3wtxex

Back