A scratchy issue

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by spruzzo, Feb 25, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. spruzzo

spruzzo Guest

Hi fellow window cleaners! traditional and wfp alike.

Ive been window cleaning for 4 years now and switched over to wfp in august. It hasn't been plain sailing all the way but then nothing ever is!

The main reason I joined this forum though was to see if anyone outhere had any issues with scratching glass using wfp method? I use an Ionics double trim brush and have noticed on a few windows stratches that match the direction of brush strokes. I have a friend who has been using this brush four a couple of years and swears blind i can't be scratching it and so was I but after checking today im pretty sure I am.

If you've any ideas/similar exp as to why this is happening i'd be grateful

2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    I doubt you would scratch it with the brush. i thought i did on my own windows but then i think the scratches were already there. it is good to have a quick look over the window because it is hard to tell if they were already there or not sometimes.
  3. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    You haven't drop the brush and pick up grit in the bristles,only explanation I can think of,when ever my brush makes contact with ground/brickwall I give the bristles a quick flick with my hand to shake any grit that could be hiding.
  4. Ginge

Ginge Guest

Are the scratches in the corners of the glass or in the centre? If the edge of you brush has fallen over or been bashed then that could have become rougher at the edges. I suppose that if the side of the brush were to make contact with the glass then it could scratch but it’s very unlikely. I don’t think we’ve ever managed to scratch glass with a pole system. I reckon they were on the glass beforehand.