Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

job pricing

Gutter/facia/upvc, Windows,/ Conny, as a quick response i said around £60 maybe a bit more depending on dirt accumulated on property. Around 15 minutes drive . Im thinking too low. Ill have to stop being too nice

Yes I think you've been nice there lol.

I'm based in north east too. I've realised with these sort of jobs defiantly need to priced correctly.

When I say correctly, I mean say for example it takes you hour and half, Could you make more doing your regular window cleans in this time? Also it's very short notice.

I think i would of said £100maybe more. I try see all kind of these jobs so I know roughly how long it would take us.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Gutter/facia/upvc, Windows,/ Conny, as a quick response i said around £60 maybe a bit more depending on dirt accumulated on property. Around 15 minutes drive . Im thinking too low. Ill have to stop being too nice
Add a ton to that price IMO.

Problem you have when asking for opinions on pricing is we're all from different parts of the country and pricing varies greatly. Hopefully you'll get some replies from other windies near you.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

From donny

Iam from Doncaster and I would say £60 for guttering fascia £25 conny and £8 for Windows may lead to other jobs maybe if neighbours see you

Problem you have when asking for opinions on pricing is we're all from different parts of the country and pricing varies greatly. Hopefully you'll get some replies from other windies near you.

It actually only varies based on one factor..... mentality of the window cleaner.

'Oh I live up north so I cant charge what they get down south' well that's total toss.

2 years ago my average 'per house' price was £7.80, Today it's £15.20. More than double.

I did the same as everyone. Price low stack high thinking that's good business sense, I avoided posh houses thinking 'ooh they wont have me' and basically mentally undervalued myself in a big way.

Only issue was a lack of confidence in what I was selling which ultimatley was me. Also I was rather skint and priced on something being better than nothing.

Now the money is in the bank and business is booming and I only hit affluent areas when looking for more work, i dont even entertain council estates any more.

We have been looking at relocating back to south London and have asked friends there how much they pay their window cleaners and in 6 of 7 cases it was less than I would charge and also some jobs the southern lads have posted on here are well below my rates so just shows that the whole 'ohh down south pays more' mentality is nonsense / myth. (With the exception of London proper)

As always though, just my personal observations and opinions.

I suppose you'd think it would be relative to disposable income.

Hit the early retired baby boomers with FAT pensions. These are my best customers.

It actually only varies based on one factor..... mentality of the window cleaner.
'Oh I live up north so I cant charge what they get down south' well that's total toss.

2 years ago my average 'per house' price was £7.80, Today it's £15.20. More than double.

I did the same as everyone. Price low stack high thinking that's good business sense, I avoided posh houses thinking 'ooh they wont have me' and basically mentally undervalued myself in a big way.

Only issue was a lack of confidence in what I was selling which ultimatley was me. Also I was rather skint and priced on something being better than nothing.

Now the money is in the bank and business is booming and I only hit affluent areas when looking for more work, i dont even entertain council estates any more.

We have been looking at relocating back to south London and have asked friends there how much they pay their window cleaners and in 6 of 7 cases it was less than I would charge and also some jobs the southern lads have posted on here are well below my rates so just shows that the whole 'ohh down south pays more' mentality is nonsense / myth. (With the exception of London proper)

As always though, just my personal observations and opinions.
Agree with this totally.....

It does not matter what part of country you are from.

Why on earth should prices vary so much ?

Like green said its the mentality of the window cleaner.

You are the one pricing jobs so it's only you that can change the " north east prices "

I understand people in our area maybe doing thing stupidly cheap but why follow the trend.

Stand out from the crowd did charge what you think is acceptable and give the customer that back in service

Agree with this totally.....It does not matter what part of country you are from.

Why on earth should prices vary so much ?

Like green said its the mentality of the window cleaner.

You are the one pricing jobs so it's only you that can change the " north east prices "

I understand people in our area maybe doing thing stupidly cheap but why follow the trend.

Stand out from the crowd did charge what you think is acceptable and give the customer that back in service

I don't disagree with you although what about window cleaners who have no choice but to work in deprived/poorer areas (in whatever part of the country)? It's all very well wanting to have a £20 minimum price or to charge £100 for a conny roof but if people won't pay those prices it will drive prices down.

A new Ford cost the same on a Newcastle forecourt as it does on a Surrey forecourt.

Can of Coke is the same in a Carlisle Tesco as it is in a Devon Tesco.

Disposable income is toss. All these £4 & £5 customers all have a couple of packs of fags on the counter and a case of Stella on the fridge. They can afford to pay you fair ratee.

I dont have customers that take me cause i'm cheap enough that they may as well. I have customers that want a service and will pay for quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive put a new price of £100, you are right, to get gutter soffits cleaned alone should represent the work height, even if using wfp.gutter facias all round, = £30 per side, = £60

conny alone = £30

Windows = £ !0

probably get there to find add ons like garage door, side facias.

£100 will do me for a few hours work on a quiet sunday morning/ also cover fuel costs.

ill text customer now.

i will have to stop being too nice. its bussiness, i give a good all round service. that should justify that.

i ll take the dog for a walk first

A new Ford cost the same on a Newcastle forecourt as it does on a Surrey forecourt.
Can of Coke is the same in a Carlisle Tesco as it is in a Decon Tesco.

Disposable income is toss. All these £4 & £5 customers all have a couple of packs of fags on the counter and a case of Stella on the fridge. They can afford to pay you fair ratee.

I dont have customers that take me cause i'm cheap enough that they may as well. I have customers that want a service and will pay for quality.
Great post.

But in an earlier post you've doubled your average price, how?

Did you increase everyone's price while having a mad push for new at a better rate?

I have an average of just shy of £20 but have a fair few front only between £5 and £10. I often think these should be dropped, but they're quick and mainly together so for these I look at hourly rate.

Tony

ive text him new price broken down to show pricing for each job, no answer yet, give him till 10am, if no reply im heading out to whitby for the day. not too bothered really. it was too short niotice also. they may think your not too busy . thats taken into pricing

gutter soffits are a pain with wfp, shoulder ache, cant use ladders , garage + conny in way. take this into account, maybe have to apply virosol first, then rinse off. same on conny. window frames and sills. house and garage doors, take your time and do it good, will take a few hours. price it up as you would using ladders alone. we have all this gear because we have invested money into getting equipment to trying to make our work easier

not to lower our prices to keep the customer smiling.

im break jobs down in the future to price it up accordingly.

you see this job by the pics and think oh thats only a few hours work,. but usually takes longer. when you price the jobs up seperatally you can then realise how long each job will take, and not as a whole.

SO for nmy £60 quoted break these jobs and price accordingly to £60.

Gutter soffits & Facias, = £

windows = £

Conny =£

garage door + house doors=£

total =£60

they have just text back, Thats great they say. Whitbys gone out of the window, ahh well here i go a gain. more cash££££££££££££££ THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT

I don't disagree with you although what about window cleaners who have no choice but to work in deprived/poorer areas (in whatever part of the country)? It's all very well wanting to have a £20 minimum price or to charge £100 for a conny roof but if people won't pay those prices it will drive prices down.

Agree it's a hard one mate.

We work in some "poor/deprived" areas but still get good prices and do manage to hit targets. However some people don't want my service probably because of price.

They still get their windows cleaned but not by me. Probably someone who has other sources of income or just the usually "bucket Bob" type.

I know it's hard but got to stick to your guns otherwise you won't make the money which is possible to make.

Sort of going back to what I said, you get what you pay for.

Back