Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Checked My Resin Today Its At 0.1

Neil

I was told by someone that if i disconnect my hoses on the resin bottle and shake the bottle it should move the resin around in the bottle that doesn't get used and you can get it back to 0.00 is this true?

The new SPECTRUM pressure vessel utilizes a revolutionary integrated, top and bottom plate distribution system to give up to 30% higher resin efficiencies than standard systems allow.

Enabling 100% of the resin to be used, the vessel comes with a new integrated distribution system to maximise the resins full capacity and reduce resin channelling.

Key product features:

Integrated distribution - Not only does the special distribution system allow for higher resin yields, up to 30% more, but also saves time and money during servicing eliminating the need to re-bed the distribution system.

High resin efficiency - The design of the integrated distribution system means greater resin efficiency by eliminating top and bottom dead zones while also removong the liklihood of channelling.

Food safe - Made from 100% non-toxic recycled polypropylene materials, the pressure vessel is guaranteed food safe.

Maintenance made simple - With a unique resin refill system, media changes for the SPECTRUM pressure vessels are quick and simple to do.

Improved performance - Constructed from injection-moulded thermally welded polypropylene, the tanks strength is superior to composite vessels offering enhanced durability.

Slightly off topic but here is my own observations filling an ibc 1000 litre static tank and di resin

I already had about 300 litres of 000 ppm in one of my holding tanks so wanting to top it up ro/di setup started filling at 000 ppm OK.

Had been running approx 2 days so checked periodically the tds but at midnight last night was up to 001 ppm.

Kept it running all last night and checked it again coming out of the di just now which had creped up to 003 ppm

As now nearly full I stopped it thinking bugger but to my surprise after checking the water in the ibc from the tank lid after giving it bit of a stir just with a glass I use to take the sample of water with it was still 000 ppm.

Just goes to show when filling a 1000 litre holding tank which has already some pure inside it doesn't make much difference due to the volume of water if the ppm creeps up slightly higher when filling.

If you’re like me that is a bit anal on ppm all is not lost as if the water is not 000 ppm you can pump it into the van either having an inline di so pure goes into your van tank/containers or use a di after the pump in your van. Simples

I’ve heard of one chap that dumped 900 litres of water from his van because it was something like 005 ppm then paid to have it refilled with 000 ppm pure. How crazy is that?

I was told by someone that if i disconnect my hoses on the resin bottle and shake the bottle it should move the resin around in the bottle that doesn't get used and you can get it back to 0.00 is this true?
GREAT TIP Just tried it on my first resin tank that was reading 10ppm its now reading 5ppm before it hits my second resin tank! AWESOME! I used plastic pipe to stur it. Here is a tip that my also help you all. I run a 240 litre an hour system and supply water for 4 guys. I use two resin tanks. Heres why... If you use two 6.5 litre resin tanks only ever change 1 resin chamber at a time! Think about it, From my RO it comes out at 15ppm before it hits my first resin chamber, thats 15ppm hitting the first resin chamber. now i switch the two tanks over when the second resin tank that supples my 0ppm to two 1000 litre tanks starts to creep up and then change the resin in my first tank only, then put the first tank as the last tank that supplies the two 1000 litre tanks , so the second resin chamber that was originally the 0ppm tank is now the first tank. So what that means is instead of high ppm always hitting your resin you can have much lower ppm hitting your newly changed resin. This will make your resin last twice as long! If your Ro is producing 15 plus ppm hitting your resin why throw away good resin that is producing 5-10ppm?? Just switch the tanks!! Hope that makes sence!! lol I can make one 6.5 litre tank last 4 weeks for 4 guys using this method! Hope you understand this lol

Also another tip is when you first turn on an RO its best to run it for 2mins before you connect it to any resin, When you first turn on an RO it will come out at a very high ppm mine usually is 100ppm when first turned on. You dont really want this hitting your resin untill it dropes back down to its correct ouput. I always disconnect the RO from the resin for the first 2 mins when first turning it on then put it back on when the tds dropes back down to normal. This will really help your resin to last much much longer! I use a

Brass 2 Way Manifold to swith the flow to waist and back again without the need to disconnect the pipes. You can pick one of these up at cleaning spot website.

Latest Posts

Back