Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craig Carr

I purchased a wagtail and fitted it with a liquidator 14 inch channel and razr rubber

I also have a standard hamdle with a 10 inch liquidator channel with the black rubber it came with.

When using the wagtail combo, i just cant get it to work. Constantly leaving streaks or water in the middle of the window and loads around the edge in small areas. Im just not getting the benefits im meant to. Ive tried more soap/less soap, more water, holding it at different angles, different pressures etc etc. Sometimes I have a good window but all too rare.

Im wondering if the razr rubber is good in scotland at this time of year? Have i put the channel in at the right angle(looks ok)?,

Are the end clips bent in enough(ive tried a lot of different angles)?

I definitely see a difference with the 10 inch and normal handle and blacl rubber but again im not getting the benefit that im meant to with the liquidator.

the tips need bedding in . at first when brand new theyre often too strongly bent down . id try bending them up a tad,not too far so theyre flat though

Have you changed the angle of the wagtail handle neck (where it bends)?

I change mine to 20° with heat gun and is perfect

Have you changed the angle of the wagtail handle neck (where it bends)?I change mine to 20° with heat gun and is perfect
Do you mean pointing to more up or down? Do you have a side on picture?

Do you mean pointing to more up or down? Do you have a side on picture?
If you heat the handle to change the angle to around 20°.....the handle will look straighter/flatter when looking at it side-on :thumbsup:.

try black rubber In your liquidator.if its not a bad batch,it takes a while to bed that red rubber in, especially in a liquidator.i would have gone for a soft rubber in the liquidator to get you up & running

Back