Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telling the water company

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Hi all, well I'm up and running now and looking to go full time after Christmas where do you guys stand in informing the water company regarding the use of water? Im getting mixed messages/advise

Thanks Greener.

they will contact you, asking if you have any leaking pipes etc, considering the higher than usual consumption, at least that's what happened with me

they will contact you, asking if you have any leaking pipes etc, considering the higher than usual consumption, at least that's what happened with me
What did, you say to them? How did it end up? :thumbsdown:

I told them I use the water for work, that's all, no extra charges or anything, I'm with affinity water

If you have a water meter I think they charge your sewerage on how much water you use, I think they can set up a separate meter for your set up feed?? So should save you some money. I'm not sure but others have commented on here in the past /emoticons/smile.png

When I first started wfp in 2004 I was in between houses & we were renting a place for about 18 months. This house was on a natural water supply with a TDS of approx 450 to 500ppm!!:eek: I used to plan my round so that I could fill up from customer's taps either last job of day or first thing next morning. Was a pain at times but managed. First thing I did when we went to view a new house was test the water!! Our mains water now is between 80-90ppm./emoticons/smile.png

pay for water as we have a meter. I informed the sewage company that I use the water for work, they sent out some papers to fill in including asking me how many litres per year I use for work. When I sent the completed paper work back they gave me an on going discount of 70% off the bill for the water waste. it took minutes to sort out.

I tried that Andy but got told that I could have no discount as the water became waste in its use on other properties in the South West Water region.

Back