Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

upright or flat?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys I have installed a 400 litre and 350 litre flat tank in my van, they are joined together. I must say I have had no issues with my pumps. I would personally highly recommend a flat tank because the vehicle will handle much better. Ive designed mine with flat tanks aswell so I still have alot of space in the van.View attachment 6172
View attachment 6171
Interesting system.

What are those blue housings? It looks like an Ionics filtration concept.

Also, are you hose reels fixed and if so how have you directed your hose through the floor? What reels are they?

.....but Smurf needs a big-box Luton Van with a tail-lift with all the equipment he has in the van :rofl:.
Thats not a bad idea TBH. Not sure about the taillift but I have considered this on more than one occassion.

Interesting system.
What are those blue housings? It looks like an Ionics filtration concept.

Also, are you hose reels fixed and if so how have you directed your hose through the floor? What reels are they?
the filters are from ionics but Ive wrapped them in blue vinyl to match my brands colours.

yes you were correct the reels are fixed to the floor. rather than explain heres a coupleView attachment 4015 snaps.

View attachment 4013

View attachment 4014

Thats not a bad idea TBH. Not sure about the taillift but I have considered this on more than one occassion.
The tail-lift idea was for Smurf.....he's only got little legs :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

the filters are from ionics but Ive wrapped them in blue vinyl to match my brands colours.
yes you were correct the reels are fixed to the floor. rather than explain heres a coupleView attachment 6173View attachment 6174View attachment 6175 snaps.

Wow. Thanks for those. Brilliant idea putting those rollers at the bottom of a box section.

Do you have a problem pulling the hose out with the accute 90 degree angle to hose has to turn through from verticle to horizontal?

I'm also 'absorbing' the pole holder idea.

There is just no comment, some days you boys just make it too easy! /emoticons/tongue.png
/emoticons/smile.png

On refection it wasn't asked very well. I knew what I wanted to ask but it was a poor written execution.:hiding:

I know of another cleaner that also has hose through the floor of his Vivaro and the hose is difficult to wind in. The hose appears to flatten as it is pulled around the roller which creates quite a restriction.

There is also an exhaust silencer there somewhere so this could affect the pole hose running underneath the van to the pole hooked up on the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the reel set up but I don't know about the pole on the outside. I'd be afraid it would get damaged.
thanks sp. with the pole on the outside I always store it inside the van when ive finished work, but during a work day it stays on the clips outside, nice and quick to get working.

/emoticons/smile.png
On refection it wasn't asked very well. I knew what I wanted to ask but it was a poor written execution.:hiding:

I know of another cleaner that also has hose through the floor of his Vivaro and the hose is difficult to wind in. The hose appears to flatten as it is pulled around the roller which creates quite a restriction.

There is also an exhaust silencer there somewhere so this could affect the pole hose running underneath the van to the pole hooked up on the side.
no problem. I get on really well with the hose roller system, no issues with hose flattening - i use 6mm microbore which is pretty hard to flatten. hose pulls out smooth in any direction. i wanted a 2 man system where i could do houses on both sides of the street in front and behind van where i could pull out hose nice and easy. hose comes out low to the floor so less of a trip hazard. works good although i experience friction on the rear tyres occasionally but im going to overhaul the system soon and make it even better, got some good ideas.

with the outside pole holder, i wouldnt be with out it now, clips in/out nice and fast and holds in tight, holds nicely going 75mph

nice setup sp good job

Blue water that's a good idea with the poles being stored on the side of the van whilst working, where do you get the fitting? And is it attached at the bottom as well? Can't see from the dark photo...

Is it a part you can buy or did you make it?

Blue water that's a good idea with the poles being stored on the side of the van whilst working, where do you get the fitting? And is it attached at the bottom as well? Can't see from the dark photo...
Is it a part you can buy or did you make it?
Hi thanks a lot, yes it works well for me. I made the system so cant really buy it like it is. Sourced the parts from various places ebay etc. The bottom clip has a switch which cuts the pump off when stored on the van.View attachment 4027

View attachment 4026

Superb idea with the switch, where do you get the clamp part? And does it owe round the pole when clipped in?

The clamp part is made up of a metal L bracket which Ive bent 45 degrees then Ive found the clip on a sailing website, its has a spring built in which holds it in lovely. cant remember exactly where i got the parts but typed in something like pole clip spring in google, i probably spend way too much time doing mods on the van :laugh: glad to share the ideas though

Back