Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

why do window cleaners think there carpet cleaners as well ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

noddy

saterday have to go and sort a window cleaners mistake out on a carpet , hes hammered it with god knows what , left black lines all over it and the best of it is its a massive doctors he did for 75 pounds !

to replace them will be over 14k and the window cleaners not covered on his insureance and may lose his house theres hell on

cleaning carpets is not like wfping it hard work and the damage you can cause is costly as this guys going to find out when I hit him for 200 a hour , I wish they would get some training

wasn't going to help him but a felt reel bad when he and his wife rang me in tears this morning there right in a jam too other companys have told them to jog on

sad times

massive lesson for everyone chancing there luck with all the add on if your not properly trained

imagine trying to clean carpets when your not trained

I had a call yesterday, someone assuming I cleaned carpets because I cleaned windows. I explained that I didn't and they got a bit funny, saying 'I thought all window cleaners did carpets'

Nice of you to help him then. Hope you told him price prior to doing the job.
yes mate I did going to be a night mare because once I touch it my insurance that could cop some of the blame , doesn't matter how good your desclaimers are

i said i would cap it at 7 hours weather it took longer or not , should take me around 5 including the travel there and back

bet he wished he never bought the thing of ebay now lol

Cleaning carpets is dead easy.

Just like us wfpers do squirty squirty scrubby scrubby rinsey rinsey,

With carpets you just wetty wetty sucky sucky.

EASY!

/emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't do carpets. I know half a dozen other window cleaners who also don't clean carpets.

It's the same as the blokes who do gardening and windows etc etc. Jack of all trades. I like doing windows and gutters cos I'm confident in my methods and my results.

If you're gonna do loads of different services you can't be good at all of them.

Hopefully he'll stop being a cowboy now.

I do both window cleaning and carpets. I've had training and it's worth it. People often clean upholstery as well which is a big no no on most as can cause the fire retardant material not to be retardant anymore. May be much worse than £14k if that went up!! In saying that it's a great add on especially during the rainy days!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thread title is a bit daft really.

I trained as a mechanic when I left school so I could have been a mechanic and a window cleaner if it wasn't that long ago I have forgotten modt of it.

So if you are a window cleaner that means you can't be capable of doing anything else?

I do carpet cleaning from time to time, yes I had training and carry insurance.

I get your point, the guy who said he would buy a rug doctor is the problem.

I wouldn't attempt to soft wash a roof because I've never done it and to try my hand without some form of learning is lunacy.

I only do them for existing customers now or of someone wants a full house as it's not worth the messing about for the odd room price wise.

Cleaning carpets is dead easy.
Just like us wfpers do squirty squirty scrubby scrubby rinsey rinsey,

With carpets you just wetty wetty sucky sucky.

EASY!

/emoticons/biggrin.png

This is very true 9 times out of 10 but it's worth being able to spot a carpet that will shrink and pull it off the grippers before you start soaking it.

Upholstery is even worse, I once went very carefully trsting on some cushions and got some red dye bleeding out. Luckily I knew how to correct it. Training really is a must.

My wife cleans our carpets with a Vax and it does a great job , But would I go to someones house with it as a add on service not a chance , I had considered Soft Washing as well but have had serious second thoughts to much could go wrong on a customers property I will still buy some basic kit though and do my own paving at home .

This is very true 9 times out of 10 but it's worth being able to spot a carpet that will shrink and pull it off the grippers before you start soaking it.
Upholstery is even worse, I once went very carefully trsting on some cushions and got some red dye bleeding out. Luckily I knew how to correct it. Training really is a must.

Back