Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel Prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daniel Mc

Hi all.

Wasn't sure if there was a thread already on here, but is anyway happy to share prices for solar panel cleaning? I've got one farm-21000 panels-to quote for, any help would be appreciated.

21,000 panels so just a small one then :eek:

That's way out of my comfort zone for sure best you don't ask solar steve as he will get the hump. Mind you he would not give you any info anyway.

21,000 panels so just a small one then :eek:
That's way out of my comfort zone for sure best you don't ask solar steve as he will get the hump. Mind you he would not give you any info anyway.
That's why I didn't ask him! I don't work for people, that's why I started cleaning windows 17 years ago instead of carrying on in IT management!

Otherwise charge a daily rate that you agree with the farmer mate

Where you based?

Well done on getting chance to quote! That is a huge task! Where you based dan mc?

(Make sure u got ya little bit of "ceterfied" paper, high vis, & ya rubber gloves on!) ROFL

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

£1 per panel.
:thumbsup:

For me I think I would work on a day rate.

That's gotta be close to 2 weeks work for one man?
He would have to clean 1,750 per day on a 6 day week over 2 weeks to get them done. Or 216.5 an hour for an 8 hour day over 2 weeks. Or 3.66 every minute. At £1 per panel he would be earning £219.60 an hour. That's if he don't drop dead /emoticons/biggrin.png

Or leave them for @Solar Steve to sub out :whistle:

Nice one @H MAN...Just goes to show what kit is out there being used.

You could just imagine what destruction our mate frank would do having a go a driving one of those...CRASH BANG WOLLOP!... Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Here you go get on of these!!??

Here you go get on of these!!??

That's some serious kit! These guys are pro's aren't they!? I wonder how much the outlay for all of that was and how much profit there is to be made? Have you thought about using something like this @Solar Steve instead of manual labour?

I think you will find he has tested quite a few bits of kit @Tuffers and even has a vid on his website using a more manul version that is manualy lifted onto the spa's instead.

So much to say in so little time.

Well done on being asked to quote for 21,000 panels. It's a decent sized site. Of course I'm not going to put prices on here, but a site like that can bite you on the bum big time. It nearly happened to me on the first large scale ground mount that we did.

Thanks for plugging the course @lou

Comments like that, however snide, keep the course in people's minds. 6 companies who came on the last one are not regretting it though. They will be helping us clean one site with 110,000 panels on. We secured the contract last week.

Yesterday we secured a huge rooftop portfolio with over 100 sites. Each site has at least 200 panels, some have 1,000. Everyone who will clean for us on those sites will need to have come on the course too. If anyone is interested, the next one is 11th July. If you are in the right area, your course will be paid for within weeks. Email through our website and we will send you more info.

We have tested a number of machines. Automated cleaning is not all its cracked out to be....yet. Last week I was on the phone to a UK-based company who have designed and produced their own automated machine. It's very expensive and looks very impressive. But it is not giving the quality clean that we can give, so they were asking for our help on a site.

But solar panel cleaning is just window cleaning so everyone tells me...What do Clean Solar Solutions know about anything?

Sounds like your be needing more than one sub firm per postcode area the way you are going @Solar Steve ... Well done to you /emoticons/smile.png

Solarsteve you haven't told us any different, so yes as far as we're all concerned it is pretty much the same as cleaning windows!

It's been the same for me, anytime I'm cleaning solar panels it could easily be cleaning windows if I closed my eyes. There really isn't much difference! If there is, then go ahead and explain!!!

Hi all.
Wasn't sure if there was a thread already on here, but is anyway happy to share prices for solar panel cleaning? I've got one farm-21000 panels-to quote for, any help would be appreciated.

I've read all the posts on this thread and have seen the negative posts against Solar Steve in the past.

My advise Daniel is to get him involved as Tuffers also recommends. I don't think you have the experience to take it on yourself. (I've been wfp for 10 years and I wouldn't take it on. The very fact that you have asked for help is another reason for passing the enquiry on. Perhaps you can come to some arrangement - finder's fee etc.)

However, there is every possibility that Solar Steve has already been asked to quote and you are one of a couple more - most companies ask for several quotations.

Tuffers has put some very interesting figures together. 1750 panels a day to do to finish the job in 2 weeks. Wow. You will need plenty of water for that - can you produce enough? What happens when you get bird lime on a panel that won't scrub off with a brush and needs a scraper. Can you use a scraper on solar panels?

Daniel go it alone feller if you get the job you can sort out a bit of extra kit or man power. a bit of luck and bull shat and your away and any one else that makes it big tells you diffrent they are lying

Back