Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaned Out My Ibc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chip

I put a white sheet round it to reduce photosynthesis, but doesn't cover the top and is probably to thin to completely stop it. Anyway it's the first time for 2 years and was ready. Red mildew in it! Hasn't affected the cleaning results, but it was a tad yucky to say the least! Hopefully I'll have it covered with wood for frost protection soon, time will tell if it will still go manky!

In North Wales we have a red peaty coloured rain /emoticons/smile.png but the growth in the tank with uv light is green.

How much gung was in it, aint cleaned mine for 5 years now :blink:

"In North Wales we have a red peaty coloured rain" /emoticons/ohmy.png

I would get that rainwater tested as sounds something is not quite right :rolleyes:

In North Wales we have a red peaty coloured rain /emoticons/smile.png but the growth in the tank with uv light is green.

It just about covered the base of the tank, on the sides got thinner as it went up, to about the 300 mark. There was a bit of green too, the red stood out though! As I said, didn't affect the water quality, just clung to the plastic, nothing "in" the water as such. Can't for the life of me figure out why it's red.

Is that rain like that regular lol?

I think its something else, as when the desert wind is blowing our way the sand gets in the rain turning it a redish colour, I think its called blood rain?

Latest Posts

Back