Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

All Season / Winter Van Tyres ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

215/65 R16 109
£175 each installed. ? Not cheap but I’ve been really impressed with previous Michelin’s so decided to give these a go. If they last as long as Michelin claims they do then they’ll be worth it for sure.
To be fair by today’s standards that’s not to bad price wise , let us know how you get on with them in different conditions, I find lots of short stop start, and parking and turning all the time eats tyres on the front , I got 6,000 miles out of the original front set and the bfg ones have done 12,000 and are 1/2-3/4 worn so have put the fronts on the back and visa versa bfg claim you should get 45000 out of them there is no way I’ll get half that but they are good for grip so just have to accept it. I have always got very poor tyre mileage on all my vans . Car I regularly get 25000 out of a set of tyres and that’s quite a powerful car and 4wd

To be fair by today’s standards that’s not to bad price wise , let us know how you get on with them in different conditions, I find lots of short stop start, and parking and turning all the time eats tyres on the front , I got 6,000 miles out of the original front set and the bfg ones have done 12,000 and are 1/2-3/4 worn so have put the fronts on the back and visa versa bfg claim you should get 45000 out of them there is no way I’ll get half that but they are good for grip so just have to accept it. I have always got very poor tyre mileage on all my vans . Car I regularly get 25000 out of a set of tyres and that’s quite a powerful car and 4wd
I will do. £160 was the best price I could find fitted but that company was a lot further away from me. I could have purchase tyres only for about £150 but then I would still have to have paid for fitting & balancing anyway, not to mention the extra work involved, so was worth it.
The rear Agilis on my van did 55k before needing changed! They were summer, not AllSeason, but still expect good things from these tyres. Will report back as time goes on how the wear is looking on them for sure!

What car you driving at the moment? ?

I will do. £160 was the best price I could find fitted but that company was a lot further away from me. I could have purchase tyres only for about £150 but then I would still have to have paid for fitting & balancing anyway, not to mention the extra work involved, so was worth it.
The rear Agilis on my van did 55k before needing changed! They were summer, not AllSeason, but still expect good things from these tyres. Will report back as time goes on how the wear is looking on them for sure!

What car you driving at the moment? ?
Audi A6 3:0 bi turbo

No ?

But you need to get some of those wheel trims we spoke about ages ago ?
Ohh yeah I will do! I was thinking of getting the steels powder coated again in the future but I don’t want to have to get the wheels rebalanced etc. So I’ll wait until the coating starts to look a bit worse for wear (it still looks sharp from normal distance, just when your up close it shows it’s wear). ?

I have a set of winter tyres on a set of alloys in my garage I bought them for my Merc but that was 2 cars ago and there still in the lock up this post has made me think about getting them sold

I have a set of winter tyres on a set of alloys in my garage I bought them for my Merc but that was 2 cars ago and there still in the lock up this post has made me think about getting them sold
To be honest mate depending on how old they are and how they’ve been stored the tyres might be done. But the alloys may still be worth a decent penny!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back