Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How does producing pure work with a DI only wfp trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kev

Just wondering could anyone tell me if i wanted to use a trolley with DI only how that would work producing pure straight from my van. I mean would i need to make the pure water first before i put it into the 25 litre barrels?. Just going over my options, wondering whether to start off with a trolley first before going for a van system

You'd want to be filling the 25L barrels with pure and storing them in the van for when they are needed.

EDIT: when I started WFP I used a trolley and would fill about 6 barrels in the garden every night. I would set a timer and fill each one, pick it up and walk through the house and plonk it in my boot. What a freekin ball ache that was looking back. A waste of a couple of hours every night!

if you have a van get a tank deffo, barrels are a nightmare i used em for years, find out what your tap water ppm is first thing

You'd want to be filling the 25L barrels with pure and storing them in the van for when they are needed.
EDIT: when I started WFP I used a trolley and would fill about 6 barrels in the garden every night. I would set a timer and fill each one, pick it up and walk through the house and plonk it in my boot. What a freekin ball ache that was looking back. A waste of a couple of hours every night!
That isn't practical for me mate as i live in a flat so i kind of need the pure to be coming from the van. So that rules that one out. It's never ending trying to find a solution. I'm going have about a £800 budget for a diy van mount and after checking on ebay for the price of all the parts that isn't going to be enough. I mean the full job done too. Floor waterproofed and fully fitted

What's your tap?

Just coz your di dosent mean it has to go in barrels just connect your hose to a di vessel and straight into tank

I run twin di vessel setup and I no it would be cheaper to use a ro but I haven't got time for it and hate the waste

Resin is expensive but if worked into your pricing etc then it's just a business cost and let's not forget 100 percent tax deductable!

Whereas your water usage if on a meter isn't!

Lots on here apparently earn hundreds a hour but moan at a couple bags off resin a month at a max of 150

Go figure but seems little outlay for such a massive profit!!!

What's your tap?Just coz your di dosent mean it has to go in barrels just connect your hose to a di vessel and straight into tank

I run twin di vessel setup and I no it would be cheaper to use a ro but I haven't got time for it and hate the waste

Resin is expensive but if worked into your pricing etc then it's just a business cost and let's not forget 100 percent tax deductable!

Whereas your water usage if on a meter isn't!

Lots on here apparently earn hundreds a hour but moan at a couple bags off resin a month at a max of 150

Go figure but seems little outlay for such a massive profit!!!
Do you mean a hose from the tap into a di vessel then from that into the barrel mate? I haven't got the set up or ever used a wfp system. I'm just trying to find the cheapest and best option to get me going for the time being

Hose from tap into di vessel then hose from that into tank in van

You will be able to fill trolley straight from tank

Cheapest option is barrels to start coz there free from any car wash so could just fill them and pure into trolley when you need depends really on how much work your doing

Hose from tap into di vessel then hose from that into tank in vanYou will be able to fill trolley straight from tank

Cheapest option is barrels to start coz there free from any car wash so could just fill them and pure into trolley when you need depends really on how much work your doing
Right i get you mate. But what i mean is i'm thinking about getting a trolley so i dont have to get a tank fitted at the moment

Right i get you mate. But what i mean is i'm thinking about getting a trolley so i dont have to get a tank fitted at the moment
Don't spend a lot on a trolley mate just get a gardiner backpack and mount on a trolley does the exact same job!

No need for tank if using a trolley just fill barrels using the di then empty into trolley as and when needed!!

If your on about the trolley with the di vessel mounted on them there no good and a waste of money

Don't spend a lot on a trolley mate just get a gardiner backpack and mount on a trolley does the exact same job!No need for tank if using a trolley just fill barrels using the di then empty into trolley as and when needed!!

If your on about the trolley with the di vessel mounted on them there no good and a waste of money
Forgive me for asking continuous silly questions mate how do i fill the barrels using di? I would probably go with a diy trolley like some of the guys on here have done. My only concern is i need to produce pure without having a static tank

Kev, is there no one selling pure round your area? As that would by far be your easiest bet...

Or you can strap your own DI vessel onto a trolley system, for cheaper than a putpose built one

Kev, is there no one selling pure round your area? As that would by far be your easiest bet...
I checked on the net jake and i cant seem to find anyone and i haven't heard of anyone doing it

Facelift do a Di trolley system, buts it a lot of money...
Yeah i'm trying to get the cost down jake. For the price of the ones i've seen you could just about get a van mounted system

Basically your best option is to make your own trolley system and strap a Di vessel to it,

Thttl work fine, probiding your tds is low enough,

Nevt step is to buy a tds meter and let us know what the tds is out your tap, then we can advise on the size of DI vessel etc

Latest Posts

Back