Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning trailer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Philip

Really thinking about selling my window cleaning trailer as my customers are just happy with the system it's only 6 weeks old how much do you reckon it's worth?

2x 11 litre di vessels

1x 27 ft carbon composite pole complete with brush

1x 100 metre hose and reel

1x surflow pump & strainer

1x 75 aph leisure battery and waterproof case

1x battery charger

1x350 litre baffled tank

1x 5 foot by 3 foot trailer with closed top.
65c4e4df9d7239336a6f1f199fc578eb.jpg
7952cd7543c883974397863b5afc2dc7.jpg

Cheers guys

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

About 400 for the gear plus whatever the trailer is worth on top. Check ebay completed listings for second hand prices.

If you thinking of selling because your customers don't like wfp then you are shooting yourself in the foot. You need to educate them and perhaps hone your technique.

About 400 for the gear plus whatever the trailer is worth on top. Check ebay completed listings for second hand prices.
If you thinking of selling because your customers don't like wfp then you are shooting yourself in the foot. You need to educate them and perhaps hone your technique.
100%. I get asked all the time what method I use when canvassing, apparently there was a cowboy about in the area a few months back. I tell them it's all down to technique and I offer a 24hr guarantee on all work. Still get the occasional messer drop after the first clean, but the majority of prev distrusting custies are now my best. Confidence in selling your own ability is key. If you're happy you're doing a good job then tell the customer, don't let them dictate to you

I never even told my customers when i changed over..if they want to get funny just tell them you have had a couple of near misses on the ladder and it is getting too dangerous

Offer a guarantee and you should be fine

Don't keep working unsafe on ladders just because they say so..it is your health at risk

Tell them it must be a bad operator they had before and to give you a chance

I had a text long ago from a new customer asking if next time I could dry the windows off as she doesn't like them left wet. I simopy said no sorry everyones gets cleaned the same and if there's ever a problem I will call back and rectify it. She still wasnt convinces so I said no problem thanks for your custom

Cheers guys, i thought it would of been worth a bit more than that I tried my hardest to educate them with no avail I have 260 odd customers and at least half of them have said about it and that's the second time they have been cleaned.i always make sure they are done to a high standard

You don't have to be 100% wfp, trad the ones that aren't happy and pole the rest . Or you could try wfp upstairs and trad the downstairs

Don't change the way you work mate, just a group message or e-mail or letter to everyone depending how you work explaining that due to the dangers of using a ladder now you are using wfp which when done correctly cleans to same if not higher standard than trad. let them know that as a fully insured professional window cleaner you have invested in the latest technology to offer the very best cleaning and service.Add in your Windows will stay clean for longer aswell. With your guarantee you will go back if any issues. If you loose a few you will be making more money anyway with the speed of wfp. I definately don't think you should let customers dictate how you work

Thing is they pay you for clean windows

If they are spotless the method should be irrelevant

As i said on here before you wouldn't ask a mechanic to fix your car but tell him you won't allow him to use his airtools as you don't like them

They pay for a service..you provide a service..simple as far as i am concerned

Cheers guys, i thought it would of been worth a bit more than that I tried my hardest to educate them with no avail I have 260 odd customers and at least half of them have said about it and that's the second time they have been cleaned.i always make sure they are done to a high standard
That's an unusually high percentage of unhappy customers. Usually you get a few not liking it when you switch over but half? Have any of them said it's not doing a good job? (I assume you monitor the tds of your water) Or are you just in a more conservative area?

That's an unusually high percentage of unhappy customers. Usually you get a few not liking it when you switch over but half? Have any of them said it's not doing a good job? (I assume you monitor the tds of your water) Or are you just in a more conservative area?

The area is quite difficult for wfp. I'm in it to I think for sake of his lively hood he Might stick to trad and just be on his. A game

Don't change the way you work mate, just a group message or e-mail or letter to everyone depending how you work explaining that due to the dangers of using a ladder now you are using wfp which when done correctly cleans to same if not higher standard than trad. let them know that as a fully insured professional window cleaner you have invested in the latest technology to offer the very best cleaning and service.Add in your Windows will stay clean for longer aswell. With your guarantee you will go back if any issues. If you loose a few you will be making more money anyway with the speed of wfp. I definately don't think you should let customers dictate how you work
Surely if you're saying you switched because of, "the dangers of using a ladder", you're already on the back foot. Upsell and explain the end result of using wfp. No ladders is a benefit for windies but why should the customer care? They pay for a service, inform them that you're £xxxx invested in providing the best one for them

The customer should care if they realised you could sue them if you had an accident

Nobody actually realises this but that is how the law works as they have a duty to know how you will do the job and make themselves liable as soon as they agree to it....no different to a commercial client who should get rams etc from you

I had bother with it as well starting up, that's why I do both than rather lose customers. The odd customer have come round to it and some complained when there wasn't a mark at all on the windows (I done the insides) also came back to the same house and looked for a mark where she said it had left, got up the ladder and no mark text her saying I cleaned it and she replied when she got home from work and looked at the window and said great job lol! My opinion your best keeping all the gear, you never no when you'll need it. Any new houses use the pole, I find they generally don't question it if used from the beginning. Use it on houses the customers aren't in until they do complain when they see it and say they've been cleaned the past 6 months this way

Couldnt agree more with daveyboy. I responded to another thread yesterday and basically said the same as daveyboy. You are a professional, so you decide how the job is done. You wouldnt get a chippy being told by his customer, 'Dont use that tool, use this one instead'. Its absurd, but this is what people do. We all expereince it. But at the end of the day, your own health and safety is the most important thing. If a property has dangerous aspects for tradding, then use your wfp for gods sake. Never appease people if they put pressure on. Other jobs are safe with ladders, so use a ladder. That is my view.

You've invested in that trailer and all the wfp gear to go with it. Now be sure to use it.

With respect you haven't sold the method to them despite what others have said a letter handed to them explaining the method would help, trading downstairs won't help can never understand that it's just giving them a reason to question why you are wfp tops and using 2 methods this is the 21st Century wfp has been around a long time if Customers don't embrace this method by now and accept that it's by far the best if done properly and safe then you need to Fill.

Cheers guys as Peter said it is difficult to wfp in the areas I'm in. Only about 6 of my houses have difficult windows the rest are all straight forward.

Back