Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is anyone on a watermeter?

JBC88

Hi my mate was filling up his tank with water ready for work when somebody from the water board saw him and asked if he was on a water meter? Currently he isn't but by monday that could change /emoticons/sad.png

I wondered If anyone uses wfp and is on a water meter?

Is it possible to do so for same money? I imagine that you would have to charge accordingly for the cost of water.

thats a very good post....are they going to start spying on windys now and trying to force them on meters..:specs

.i never use wfp honest...well i havent as of yet but its just arrived...but if you are from the water board...i am sending it back....:whistle:

my bloomin water /sewage charge is £60 a month....grrrrr:eek:

Lol no not from water board it was a chance meeting with mybmate and water board man..if they are on a clampdown I hope their window cleaner whacks his price up for cleaning their windows. A water company wont use a trad guy will they due to H&S..if they have a wfp guy they must be aware that loads of cleaners use wfp now.

cheapncheerful, post: 175617, member: 7621"]thats a very good post....are they going to start spying on windys now and trying to force them on meters..:specs

.i never use wfp honest...well i havent as of yet but its just arrived...but if you are from the water board...i am sending it back....:whistle:

my bloomin water /sewage charge is £60 a month....grrrrr:eek:

Lol no I

I was on a meter in my last house but moved back into my other property a couple of months ago. Per 1000l of pure was about £12.

No way I'll go on one again, all my gear is way out of sight anyway.

I think the water board has been misled by how much money they would be making after everyone was put on a meter paying for the actual water they use. The majority of people who voluntarily go on a meter have reduced their water bill. They are going to have to become inventive to make money.

I'm on a water meter, so the cost does rack up. But spoke to water company, can't get mains water any cheaper, but as the bill is made up of supply and sewerage costs, can get a reduction on the sewerage. Normally they calculate the sewerage as about 95% of supply volume, but if producing pure water, this percentage is significantly less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

couple of yrs ago my missus saw a water board bloke lookin behind and then under my van. praps seeing if i was wfp but im not.

If that is the case it's a good job I don't have "WINDOW CLEANER" plastered all over my van /emoticons/biggrin.png

Nor outside water ports either:rolleyes:

im on the dreded water meter im in south west to top it off:rolleyes: we get hammered down here im di only as its soft water so no ro but its not cheep u can put water throu ur books tho so not shore what percentege an how mch i get bk

I'm in a relatively hard water area on a water meter, in South East. Haven't long been WFP (about 4 months) so still waiting for my first bill which is going to be stupidly expensive I can imagine. Currently £89 a month, 2 adults 3 kids.

I'm sure they pull these figures out thier ****.

I'm in Devon so like Tench it's soft water area. We are on a meter. I fill a 400 ltr tank daily but our bill only increased by £20 per month. So the business pays the extra.

I'm in a relatively hard water area on a water meter, in South East. Haven't long been WFP (about 4 months) so still waiting for my first bill which is going to be stupidly expensive I can imagine. Currently £89 a month, 2 adults 3 kids.
I'm sure they pull these figures out thier ****.
:eek::eek::eek:

£89 a month domestic use only?!!!

Crikey, no meters for us in Scotland, mains water approx 90ppm so use twin DI. Our supply & waste is about £300 PER YEAR for as much as we like. No shortage of the stuff up here though!!/emoticons/smile.png

i have already said i fancy moving up to scotland ..somewhere remoteness...and you are making me want to more than ever...:)ahh but...what about the broad band...cant live without that...i hope your not on the watch the page build net...:eek:

i have already said i fancy moving up to scotland ..somewhere remoteness...and you are making me want to more than ever...:)ahh but...what about the broad band...cant live without that...i hope your not on the watch the page build net...:eek:
No problem, we're on a wireless broadband system. We don't need a line even, it's sent through a series of transmitters and receivers so we have home phones on VIOP- no line rental & even cheaper than the main providers for all call packages!!/emoticons/smile.png

:eek::eek::eek:
£89 a month domestic use only?!!!

Crikey, no meters for us in Scotland, mains water approx 90ppm so use twin DI. Our supply & waste is about £300 PER YEAR for as much as we like. No shortage of the stuff up here though!!/emoticons/smile.png
Yes mate, always been high in this area - 2 bed flat I lived in 6 years ago was £60 per month....

Im not on a water meter. But the water board have been putting meters in every house in our street. Ours is the only house where they need access to our property to fit one. So we ignored their letters and knocks on the door, and they left us alone. We were told to do a water board employee delivering letters. He said if we didnt want one, we didnt have to have one.

Of course, if they dont need access to your property, yoir snookered and have to have one.

Back